Thursday, November 5, 2009

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!


(Kaitlyn wanted to make a few color changes to her collage! She wanted rainbow lettering...but settled for this. To enlarge the image, double click.)

Posted by PicasaNovember 3rd 2002, I gave my dad the ULTIMATE birthday present...his first grandchild! I missed having Kaitlyn and my dad together on their birthday this year...but we managed! Adelin and I had gone shopping together a couple Saturdays ago and bought Kailtyn's gifts. Addie pretty much told Kaitlyn what we bought...but luckily Kaitlyn was still surprised and happy with her gifts!

For her birthday, we took donuts and milk to her class (per her reguest) and we let her choose where she wanted to go for dinner. She chose to go to Pizza Hut. This girl LOVES pizza! I baked and decorated her cake while she was at school...and even though it was a little lopsided and far from perfect, she loved it. (phew!) She even told me that I make the best cakes. How sweet is that? Really...it's a boxed cake with store bought frosting and cool whip in the middle...no big skills required for that...but I am glad she liked it. Okay...enough about me. So...in our family, we don't throw a big party every year...we just have our immediate family and Grandparents if they are able to come. Kaitlyn wishes that were different. ANYHOW, we did surprise her and had Brandon's mom (who came to dinner with us) bring Taryn, one of Kaitlyn's favorite cousins, with her. Then while we were eating, her friend Emma who she's know since the day she was born (literally...she came with her mom when she was 4 months old and meet Kaitlyn for the first time at the hospital...I think Skye brought McKenna too)....anyhow...Emma called her from Texas and wished her a Happy Birthday and they chit-chatted on the phone for a few mintues. They'd probably talk for hours if we let them! Oh...and my mom called her early in the morning before she even got out of bed and wished her a happy birthday. It was cute to see her all cuddled up in her bed talking to her Grandma.


All in all...we had a fun day...and I am excited for next year when she turns 8! She'll get a big party to celebrate and then she will be baptized! WOW! I am really feeling old!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn! Hope you had a wonderful birthday. We can't wait to see you!