The kids have made a few note-worthy accomplishments lately that I need to record!
First off...Weston weaned himself from the pacifier! He bit huge holes in his paci's and we had to throw them away. This was last Thursday I think. He's only asked for his "pappy" twice since then! This is amazing! He went from having that thing in his mouth ALL the time...to quitting cold turkey. "mommy I love you" (Kaitlyn typed that while I was away from the computer! Oh! She just told me that she first wrote "Kaitlyn is a little lovely girl. I love her" lol!) So anyhow...Weston is paci free! He does however whine to me, "I need...I need...I need something" quit often throughout the day!
Addie's accomplishment is that she wrote her name all by herself and it looked really good! It was during preschool at our house last week. (I need to take a picture of it so that I don't have to keep the paper)...but she had traced her name twice. Then I told her to write her name at the top of her paper and she did it!
Kaitlyn is our little book worm. She loves to read and take AR tests at school. I had challenged her to finish all the books in the crates that her teacher has by Christmas time...and she finished them last week. I think she has now read and taken tests on over 80 books. Her teacher had told me that when she finished those crates, she'd be in the 2nd grade books! I love that she loves to read...because I do too and so does my mom. When I lived at home, my mom and I would be reading the same book at the same time...and we'd have to steal it away from eachother!
Oh...Brandon had an accomplishment too. He succesfully removed and replaced out hot water heater. I had just gotten the last preschool kid out the door last Thursday and I heard this noise coming from the laundry room. I walked in and saw water spraying out from the bottom of our hot water heater! I was able to turn the water off and luckily Brandon was able to leave work to come home. He is my hero! He drained it...carried it out the door and put it on his truck (with no help from me) and then he took Weston with him to buy a new one, installed it then stayed up late getting all the little kinks worked out. It is really nice to have such a handy man has a husband. I tell him that he can fix or do anything. Kaitlyn tells him that he can't make a pencil!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Great job Weston-that's hard but you did it. it's a good things becasue cowboys don't have pacifiers.
Yeah Addie. Keep up the good work.
I can't believe Kaitlyn is reading so well. Good for her. Before you know it you'll be fighting her for books. Awesome
Brandon...you rock. Jennifer you're so lucky to have a handyman.
yay for you & your family!!!
Post a Comment