Monday, March 1, 2010

I turn 30 this week. For some reason that didn't feel old to me until last night. Brandon was very sneaky and threw me a party! He even got my parents and Grandpa Newbold up here with out me suspecting that they were here for anyting more than to play with our kids! (Plus, I had asked my mom to bring her sewing machine so that we could get some curtains up to hide all the stuff on the shelves in our laundry/pantry room....she told me yesterday that she wanted to tell me no because she didn't think there would be time with the party and all...but she brought it anyways...and we got the curtains up! We ended up buying some and hemming them...it was cheaper than way.....and Brandon had let me buy a big thing of ice cream Friday night knowing full well that he had two huger things of if hiden in the freezer at his mom's house!) Dawniel was in on it too. Brandon organized the whole thing which makes him the best husband ever to even think about htrowing me a party let a lone to follow through with it! I had told him while we were eating dinner Saturdy night (part of the plan to get me out of the way) that I was pretty lame for not throwing him a 30th birthday party. Now I feel a little lamer.

The cake is what made me feel old. I of course didn't know about the party (it was at Brandon's moms house) so I didn't take a camera. But to see my name on the cake with the big "Three-O" made me feel like I have been around for a long time. I know I am still a "spring chicken" so to speak....but the effects of getting older are already making themselves known! Thank goodness for make up, well structured clothing and padded support bras!

Thanks for the party Brandon! You're the best!

8 comments:

Angela said...

He is a wonderful hubby! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you! That is so awesome. He did a really good job keeping it from you. Happy Birthday! Welcome to your thirties!

*Katie May* said...

What a sweetheart! I will drop dead if Brendan ever pulls something like that off for me. Happy B-day!! Hope you have a great day!

Jewel said...

I'M SORRY I MISSED IT!!

I need to call you.

And yes, your husband is awesome. And you're not old. :)

heidi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! How fun! I wish we could have been there to help you celebrate. i turn 30 this year too. although, there is a good chance Curtis will forget. ha ha.
you need to post a picture of the curtains! yes, and thank goodness for padded support bras (extra emphasis on the padded part! - for me anyhow)

Michelle said...

I know how you feel girl. When I turned 30 I think I went into depression for a bit. I did not want a birthday party that year. Something about not being in the 20's anymore I think. :( I turn 32 next Monday and I so not looking forward to it!!!

Sending you many happy birthday wishes my friend!!!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday on Wednesday. What a sweet husband to throw you a party. I already told Byron I would throw my own party since I know he won't. So you have a very sweet husband to throw you a party and to do it behind your back. So fun. Happy Birthday!!!

Stephanie said...

That is super sweet of Brandon- he is awesome. I can not believe you are thirty!! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

jill s said...

that is SO awesome!!!

GO BRANDON!!!!!!