I just looked at the speaking schedule for the Time Out For Women that will be held in Phoenix this October! Before looking....I didn't really care to go, not with a baby....but now...I would take a nursing infant just to get to hear this one speaker! Her name is Miriama. I shared a story about her with my Laurels during a lesson I gave a month or so ago. (To read it, click on "a story".) She tells of her struggles as a youth in war torn Sierra Leone, losing her family...and how she watched her sisters legs get cut off by the rebels...and her life being spared. So many things in her story could make one bitter, resentful, feel lost and forgotten...but she found hope through the gospel....just like we all have to do no matter what our trials may be! ANYHOW.....she is speaking at TOFW and now I REALLY REALLY want to go....just to hear HER!
Group rates are $47 for Friday and Saturday....I haven't asked Brandon if I could go....(heck, he probably would love to go too...maybe we can borrow a dress from someone and sneak him in?)...but I am gonna ask (remind me to ask you when you read this Honey, in case I forget)...and if I go....who wants to come with me or at least buy their tickets with me so we can get the discount???? Let me know and we will keep in touch about it!
P.S. Group rates apply to groups of 5 or more. If you have a group together and need another person to get the discount, let me know!...oh...but I still need to ask Brandon first! :)
***later***
I asked Brandon and he said, "yes".....about me going, not him wearing a dress. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Wow...that's awesome! I just watched a talk on BYUTV about that very thing. When you have a trial you have a choice--to turn toward the Lord or away from the Lord. I'd love to hear her talk. I wonder if I could go? It would all depend on well...a lot of things. However, you've got me thinking.
I want to come. The last one we went to was awesome. I will talk to Kev.
Post a Comment