I am reading a book called "Contentment...Inspiring Insights for LDS Mothers". I am only on the second chapter. I wouldn't say that this book is an "easy read" so far. Not to be mean to the author...but I have read more interestingly written material. That being said...the material she has written IS good. Very good and things that all mothers need to hear I think.
I have learned some lessons about the purpose of Motherhood over the past years...and more so lately I have learned that being "mom" isn't supposed to be easy. I like how the author, Maria Cole, put it. She said,
"As daughters of God, when we acknowledge His goodness and mercy in our lives, accept that life is not meant to be easy, and learn that motherhood is by divine design, difficult and testing, we will truly be content with the things the Lord has allotted to us." (italics added)
"As daughters of God, when we acknowledge His goodness and mercy in our lives, accept that life is not meant to be easy, and learn that motherhood is by divine design, difficult and testing, we will truly be content with the things the Lord has allotted to us." (italics added)
I feel like I am slowly learning that trials in life are not meant to be merely "endured" but to be "endured well". If all we are doing is "waiting for the storm to pass"....then we probably aren't learning what we need to be learning from that particular trial.
When I first became pregnant with this baby...I was scared! I know that I have had a hard time adjusting to adding another child to the family in the past and that I don't do well without sleep...and we all know how little sleep newborns let us get. Over the past months, I have felt peace as I have realized that having a hard time adjusting to these changes is a trial that Heavenly Father has given me. One that can help me come closer to being the person He sees in me. So...now that I have gained that knowledge...I feel like having this baby is putting that to the test. I am nervous and also excited to see how I do. And I really should say, "How WE do"...because Brandon is such a big support to me.










1 comment:
Jennifer, relay this message to Sam for me. Hes been struggling with the whole thing. It seems hes constantly waiting for "the end" so he'll know what is to become of him. It just concerns me cause ... who wants to WAIT for the end? Doesn't seem like much fun or, in the end, worth living that much.
Post a Comment