Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I sure hope I am not jinxing myself by saying this....but Weston has gone to sleep in his bed by himself the past two nights. Some of you probably know what a big deal that is because you have kids who stay up late, fall asleep in your bed then get carried into theirs. Or one of us will stay up with him on the couch and he will fall asleep watching TV. Either way, it gets old.

Last night, Kaitlyn went to sleep, then we put Addie to bed (she takes forever to fall asleep..."it's too noisy" "I need a band aide" "my blankets are messed up") then I put Weston in his bed. He only got out a few times. I laid down on my bed and Brandon, bless his heart was rubbing my sore sore feet. (I had gone for a walk with Addie and I didn't wear the right kind of shoes). I started coughing a little and Weston yelled from his bed, "Mom! Are you alright?" It was so sweet. I assured him that I was fine (yelled that from my bed) and told him I loved him. His little "I love you too" could melt the coldest of hearts!

Cross your fingers for me that he keeps on wanting to be a big boy and sleep in his own bed. It'll make life that much easier when Connor is born.

1 comment:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Fingers are crossed. That is HUGE!!! I hope, hope, hope he keeps it up.