Tuesday, January 26, 2010

looking large


                  
So...this is me. (Remember...the camera adds 10 pounds!) I had Brandon take a picture of me the other day before I left for a Stake Humanitarian Project. My hair was done on a day other than Sunday...so I thought we'd better get a shot because that doesn't happen very often! Looking at these makes me realize that I need to try to smile and look normal for a picture. I am just not photogenic. (I'd much rather take a picture than be in one). Oh well. I am trying to get more pictures of me pregnant with this baby. I normally try to hide from the camera, so most of the pictures of me pregnant with the other kids are scary ones of me with messy hair, and funky clothes and probably not ones I can share because I don't have a bra on or something like that. But, I have learned that a funny thing happens after you give birth....you actually MISS being pregnant. I always regret not having more pictures of me with a big belly that was supposed to be big and not just mushy from baby fat.  So! Anyhow! I have about 15 more weeks to go! I am trying to not be discouraged by the largeness of my midsection...or by the comments well meaning people make about how far away my due date is compared to the size of my belly. My favorite is when I get to say, "Nope, there's only one in there."  (Mental note for you all....never ask a pregnant woman if she is having twins.)

13 comments:

Thomas Faulk said...

There will be none of that. You are too photogenic.

Michelle said...

I think you look great!! I would much rather be on the other side of the camera also. :)

BTW...just found out I have old family friends that live in Show Low. Just had to tell you that. lol

*Katie May* said...

You look great! You and your perfect basketball stomach, lucky girl! Man I wish I had your cheekbones! :) Your so beautiful and I am sure Brandon would agree with me :)

Brandon said...

You're right I do agree!!

Lainie said...

I think Tiffany and Eric are the only ones thatll smile for pictures ..

Jennifer said...

Katie: The cheek bones will soon disapear into the fatness...and the belly will be more like one of those big excersize balls...no joke...but it's all good. Hopefully the baby will just suck it right outta me after he's born!

Monty and Kristin said...

Love these pics. You are a totally cute prego woman. Only your belly grows!! I agree--after your done being pregonat you want pictures. Loving all of yours

Angela said...

You look so adorable! I wish I would have taken more pictures too. It's funny because that is the one time when we do look cute when we have a big old belly, yet we run and hid from the cameras. Then regret it. I'm proud of ya.

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

JEN--you seriously look amazing!! It makes me miss being pregnant. I only wish that I looked as good as you do pregnant.

jill s said...

you are adorable jen!

Jewel said...

I got asked ALL the time if I was having twins when I was pregnant with Jack--one guy even thought I was lying when I said there was just one in there. He thought I should be having triplets. NO joke.

Shannon said...

Jennifer, you look great. I wish I could look as cute as you when I am pregnant. You at least have a perfectly round little ball, not me.

Vandee said...

You look great... However I do not miss being pregnant. :)