Tuesday, January 5, 2010

this old house.....


I feel claustraphobic (sp?) today.

We've lived in this house for 4 years, 1 month and about 10 days. That's a good 2 years, 1 month and 10 days longer than we had planned. This was just supposed to be a house we bought to live in while we built a house so that we didn't have to rent....my how plans change! I cried all night long the first time I stepped foot into this house. I had never seen it before, was 8 months pregnant and had just left a beautiful brand new house behind. This old, dirty and grossly painted place was a major MAJOR shock to my system. I still don't know if I have fully recovered. It's taken a lot of work (time, money, sweat, blood (seriously) and tears) to make this place feel like home...and we still have a long list of things we need to do. After Adelin was born, I swore that I would not have another child while living in this house...but...that didn't happen! We're busting out of the seams! There's no place to go for peace and quiet...we're right on top of eachother all the time. Don't get me wrong....I am greatful for the warmth and protection this house has provided us and we've been blessed with the means to make a lot of changes and we have a low mortgage. Most days I am able to count my blessings and look for the good...but some days....like today....I feel like the walls are squeezing my guts out along with every ounce of sanity I possess. The thought of living here for another year makes me want to cry. We're looking to buy a new house....but realisticly that may not happen until the end of the year. So........I am just whining........

P.S. I found this picture that was taken just a few months after we moved here!

Posted by Picasa
Also, this is what are kitchen used to look like...I still don't think I have taken pictures since it got remodeled...



It wasn't the most terrible kitchen...but when they found an old dead mouse and nest behind the cabinets that they removed...I was GLAD to endure a kitchen remodel!

3 comments:

*Katie May* said...

Sorry, never fun to live in a place that doesn't make you feel happy. At least it isn't an apartment right? I want to see remodel pics :) I hope your plans go well enough to get a new house next year.

Monty and Kristin said...

Sorry you are having a hard day. I'm sure a new house is in your future!! I'll pray for sooner than later.

heidi said...

i know your pain! we were in our QC house 3 yrs. longer than planned. 2 kids more than planned there too... we were totally busting out of everywhere. Then things finally came together and all worked out. I just had to remember that the timing is not my own. Definitely easier said than done. you'll be okay though - promise.