Well...I think it's too late for me to do a complete "report" of what went on in our family last week since this week is just about over! :)
Basically, last week, Kaitlyn was SUPER sick...she barely ate ANYTHING for 3 days. I finally got to the point where I was forcing water, Gatorade and tiny bites of food down her. I knew she had the flu because I had given her some amoxicillian for 2 days and nothing changed but by Wednesday she was on her 5th day of running a fever so after having Travis come over and help Brandon give her a blessing, I took her to the dr. Sure enough, it was the flu...one that attacks every system...she was having a tummy ache, sore throat, stuffy nose, red eyes...you name it...she had it. On Thursday she ate 3 meals for the second day in a row and was feeling good enough to go on her scheduled date with mom. Friday, she went to school! We're SO glad to have all our kids healthy again!
So, last Friday we drove down to Mesa. We went straight to my cousin Jessica's Open House. She had Guy were married on Feb. 21st in Thacher, AZ!
Saturday was fast and furious! We picked up our new washer and dryer from Sears (the ones we ordered the day after Thanksgiving) then we went to my cousin Jamie's house to pick up a crib for my sister and visit for a little bit. We had just enough time to go change our clothes and head over to Alicia's baptism. She married my cousin Jake (Jessica's older brother) in Nov. of 2007. I am so glad we made it to her baptism. She is such a sweet girl and I am so happy for her and Jake to be on their way to being sealed in the Temple. After the baptism we went and changed our clothes again so that we could so to the performance of "The Price of Freedom". We hurried and ate dinner, took the kids to Penny and Deans house for Hayden to babysit and then made our way over to the Mesa Arts Center. We were 15 minutes late but the performance was awesome! Basically it was 5 women and 4 men. They each were representing a person whose life was effected by WW2 (whose wasn't back then?) They read real letters that were written from mother to son, son to mother, brother to brother, friend to friend, girlfriend to boyfriend and they sang songs to go along with it. It was very moving. I heard men around me sniffling. It really brought to light the sacrifices made my those who have fought (and those who continue to fight) for our freedom and those who love them. At the end, the performers were given a standing ovation, but I had a sense that the audience was clapping more for the people the performers represented. I know I was. My Grandpa Newbold who fought in the Philippines during WW2 was sitting 4 seats down from me and I know that when I stood up to clap with tears in my eyes they were for him and all he went through. On the way home he told us about hiking through rice patties and fields of sugar cane with his huge pack on his back, not knowing where they'd be sleeping that night. He also said that the Filipinos would use their dead and create booby traps...so they left the dead for those trained to detonate the traps. My Grandpa doesn't talk much about the war...just little bits at a time. After seeing some of the footage Saturday night I realize a little more just how much he went through.
Sunday, we went to church with my Grandpa. Then came home, had dinner and hit the road to come home to Snowflake!
So far, this week has been good. The highlight for me was my birthday! I got so many phone calls and birthday wishes! I loved it when my mother in law called me and sang "Happy Birthday" to me! :) The kids and I had a "picnic" (Sonic) at the park and played there for about an hour! Brandon cooked dinner (BBQ chicken, baked potatoes, grilled squash and salad!) he also cleaned up! We and Angel Food cake with Cool Whip and Hansen kiwi-strawberry soda for dessert!
My new washer and dryer are hooked up now! I wonder hwo long having new appliances will keep me motivated to do the laundry!?
Well...Weston is crying. He doesn't like it when I am on the computer...so, I better go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
Happy be-lated birthday. I agree we need to get together and play at the park. Give me a call, when this dang wind stops.
sounds like a pretty good week except for the flu.
Happy belated birthday--I'm glad it was so great, but I'm sorry I wasn't able to give you the "birthday present" you wanted. ;) Sure love you!
Happy Belated Birthday! Hope you had a great one. Enjoy the new appliances. Take care!
Post a Comment