Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm still waiting.....

I got on the computer so that I could see if anyone sent out an email or updated their blog with info. about Jewel...but NO SUCH LUCK! As of about 7 p.m. last night, when I talked to her dad last, she was out walking stairs at the mall to get her labor going stronger....so I don't know if things just stopped or if my little great nephew is HERE! The suspense is KILLING me! I would call Jewel or Pam...but what if she's in the middle of pushing right now? Oh well....I'll just continue to wait....*sigh*

2 comments:

John and Lisa said...

I don't have your email, so I'll put it here again. First...I just read your other post about your friend who lost their baby. My awareness has increased incredibly, as I've heard of, or know babies in the past year who have either struggled with birth defects, or died from them. My heart breaks for these families. But as you said...being afraid is exactly the opposite of what we should be doing. It's hard...it's easy to get paralyzed by it...but it keeps us from progressing, doesn't it? Anyhow...thanks for sharing.
Also, I spoke with Pam a few minutes ago. It was a long night, but still no baby. The midwife sent them home last night with some important advice: "Get some rest." She told them both that they will definitely have this baby in the next day or so...but Jewel's body needs to rest, so they came home last night, and Pam said she hasn't spoken with them this morning yet...they are still in their room as of a few minutes ago, and she was hoping that Jewel got some kind of sleep during the night, and hopefully was STILL sleeping. She asked that I pass the word on...so Jennifer, could you let your family know? I'll let mine know too.

Michelle said...

Funny thing is that when I was in labor with Christian is was SO long. When Kristin finally decided to call and see what was going on I was just about to push. No joke! Dustin was like "I'LL CALL YOU RIGHT BACK!!" We still laugh about that!