Tuesday, August 17, 2010
something to think about...
"...No matter how difficult and impossible the circumstances we face, we must retain the attitude that we are still in the Lord’s debt. Just keeping the commandments, while laudable, may be enough to maintain our faith but not enough to increase it. We must continue sacrificing and serving with no thought of reward. We do it out of love and gratitude for the Lord, to whom we owe everything...too often we allow ourselves to think or even say words like these: “I don’t deserve this setback. You’d think after all I’ve done, it would not have to be like this. Why must I prove myself over and over again? This is my time to rest from all this responsibility. I’ve done enough.”...if we are serious about desiring greater faith, nothing short of maintaining a constant eternal perspective will do. If we place any condition on our willingness to serve the Lord with all our hearts, we diminish our faith. If we have complete trust in Him, our faith will increase, and that means the strength of our belief and our power to act will increase. We will not think we have done our duty and that is enough. We will continue with pure intent and total commitment the rest of our lives..." (John K. Carmack, “Lord, Increase Our Faith,” Ensign, Mar 2002, 53)
P.S. Brandon...if you read this....don't you think that a canvas of that painting of Christ would look great in our home?*hint hint*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










1 comment:
What an inspirational quote. Too often, I let myself rest on my laurels and think, "Okay...I've done enough..." It's so easy to feel that way!!
And yes, Jennifer--that picture would look amazing in your home. :)
Post a Comment