Movies can be good......just like all media.....you have to be selective. They can entertain and inspire....for good or evil.
My favorite movie is Steel Magnolias. You know the one....with Sally Fields (love her) and Julia Roberts who plays a diabetic...and they live in a small town in Louisiana with all the funny ladies? I have some favorite one liners....and can pretty much quote the whole movie. I actually did quote part of it in 11th grade Drama. I wasn't a good actress....pretty bad on stage....but my teacher (Mrs. Bartlett) was also my English teacher...and I have always been good in English...and she and I were sort of friends....so she gave me a good grade in Drama too.
ANYHOW....I love this movie because it's funny, it's sad....it is about women and friends and being there for each other...and making choices and living with the consequences and being happy.
THIS is the part I did in drama! Can you just imagine me pretending to be hysterical and doing a bad job of it? This is one of my favorite parts of the movie though. Now I want to go watch it! Maybe I will put it on while I fold laundry?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
oh that was GREAT!!!! I wasn't sure, it's been so long since i've seen it. But that was really funny. and to be honest the only part i can remember is when they get married and get their car decorated with condoms.
Good movie.
That is a good movie. That's one of the saddest parts of that movie good tear jerker. Gees I have lots of favs but ones I could watch over and over are Pillow Talk(old movie with Doris Day and Rock Hudson) All of the Anne of Green Gables, Somewhere in Time, An Affair to Remember etc...
I love all the Anne of Green Gable ones too! "My life is a graveyard of buried hope"....she's so dramatic...I love it!
I KNEW that would be the part you were talking about! It's my favorite part, but you're right, I can't imagine you playing that part. I quote parts of that scene all the time! Love it!
Post a Comment