Thursday, March 4, 2010

my big birthday donut

I was driving to pick Kaitlyn up from school yesterday when all of a sudden a donut sounded so good to me! I knew that I shouldn't go get some and then eat cake later....so I did what an sensible woman would do. I called Brandon with a birthday request...DONUTS instead of cake....and boy did he deliver! He came home with this...
It's called a "Texas Donut"...I guess because 'everything's bigger in Texas'? It's about the size of 4 donuts. I can honestly say that I didn't eat one whole donut yesterday....but I did eat half of this one! :)


*Thank you for all the Happy Birthday wishes...it was so fun to get phone calls almost all day long! I felt so special!*

P.S. Weston just came up to me holding a paper clip in his hand (as if it were some sort of amazing device) and said, "I am going to check if you are stupid mom". LOL!.....can I borrow that paper clip when you are done bud?

10 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

Wow, you weren't kidding!! That's an awesome Donut!! Looks super yummy!! I think you should have eaten the whole thing! After all, you only turn 30, ONCE!:) Oh well. Love ya girl!!

Angela said...

Happy Birthday!!! It was great to talk to you. I can't wait to come AZ so I can have a Texas sized Donut with you!:)

Stephanie said...

Now that's what I call a donut. Awesome. Homer Simpson would be proud.

Weston is hilarious. I love that you post these little moments on your blog.

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Happy Birthday!!! WOW!! That looks soooo good. Glad you had a good day:)

*Katie May* said...

Sounds like you had a great day! That looks so yummy! Where did he find something like that?

Jennifer said...

The donut is from Bashas'!

Michelle said...

Looks yummy!!!! Hope it was a great day girl...love you!!!

Mindy said...

I hope you had a good birthday!! Sorry this is late. I'm not the best at remembering. I am excited to come to Snowflake to visit.

jill s said...

ok. i'm laughing SO hard about the paperclip!!

and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

it feels pretty good to be 30 doesn't it? :)

Hollist Family said...

Happy Birthday Jen. Hope you had a great one! You deserve it.