Friday, April 30, 2010

"Mommy....."

The kids had been in bed for a while. Well....sort of. Adelin gets out of her bed at least 15 times to tell us that she, "Can't fall asleep". (She's who this story is about).

I had taken a shower and was feeling nice, relaxed and ready for bed. I went in to check on my little sleepless angel. She asked me to help her close her eyes.

I knelt by her bed and rubbed her eyes while telling her to try to make up a picture in her head.

"Imagine a big tree with lots of green leaves. There's green grass and flowers are growing in the grass. The flowers have litle lady bugs on them."

(Adelin intergets) "Are they dancing?"

(Me again) "Yes, they are dancing with the crickets and the butterflies...and the sky is blue with white fluffy clouds. The sun is shining and the birds are flying way up high." (I should mentioned...it snowed about a inch last night).

(Adelin again....in a relaxed voice) "You can go now mom"

I slowly get up and as I walk to the door (thinking "finally she's going to fall asleep") she says in a sweet voice...

"Mommy?"

"What?"

"Did you brush your teeth tonight?

"Yes honey, I did."

"Well, your breath still smells stinky".

"Thank you Addie, good night".

.........I had to laugh......

.....and she had to get out of bed 15 more times.

5 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Jen--you crack me up. I just read like your last 3 posts. You make me smile. GOOD LUCK with baby Connor. I will be praying for you both that all goes well. Hang in there. And for heavens sake brush your teeth!!! BAHAHAHA!!!

Monty and Kristin said...

Addie girl, you crack me up!! I love it. What a funny story! I think it shows what a wonderful mother you are!! I've never done that for my kids. I've just tell them to get back and bed and be quiet! She's so lucky to have you!

*Katie May* said...

That is too dang cute!

heidi said...

that is hilarious. oh children and their blunt mouths. :)
i can't wait to meet your little man!!! (i promise we won't bring any sickness over) we'll be in your neck of the woods May 13th. :)

Shannon said...

that is so cute your little story to her. And funny that kids will say the darnest things. landen told me to go take a shower today cause I stink. ha ha. kids are funny. good luck with the delivery. wish i could say I was being induced. but I have two more months. ugh.