




We had a busy, fun, tiring, uplifting weekend! It started with my parents driving up Saturday morning. We haven't spent an Easter with them since we moved here! We watched Conference...got things ready to dye eggs between sessions and then dyed eggs after the second session. Weston had fallen asleep...which kind of made things easier! The girls (my mom and I included!) had fun dying the eggs! Then, when my dad and Brandon went to Preisthood session, the rest of us went over to my mother in laws house to watch "The 10 Commandments". They were a good hour into the almost 4 hour long movie when we got there...and since we are always a big crowd when we get together (even just the girls+kids) and places to sit are at a minimum...I didn't really end up watching too much of the movie. But it was nice to get together and I think it will become a yearly tradition! Today, the kids slept until about 8a.m. and then found their Easter baskets...and hunted for eggs! Then we watched Conference while the kids played around with the toys they got. I baked 2 cakes for our Easter lunch and tried to stay focused on the talks. We started potty training Weston yesterday. He did really good...I mean, he had accidents...but that's to be expected. He took a nap in his undies and woke up dry. So...we have bagged up all the diapers and he's wearing underwear! We came up with a little way to get him to "go" on the toilet. He likes to pretend like he is a firefighter and that he has to go "put out the fire" in the toilet. So far...he's doing pretty good. We'll see how this week goes! Wish us luck! So, anyhow....we ate lunch between sessions at Shon and Pams house. The kids did their Easter egg hunt. It's so nice to have older cousins who turn the whole thing into a game and help the little ones! After lunch, we watched the last session of Conference. I have to say that I am excited to read the talks. If I sit and think really hard, I can remember talks that stuck out to me...but my kids were loud this Conference (being overloaded on candy probably didn't help them much) so I felt like watching Conference was a lot like Sacrament Meeting is for us. I heard about 25% of what was said. I was talking to Pam about that and she (who has 11 kids) said she remembers those days...but now, even if her kids might be falling asleep...they are all sitting together and able to really listen. There's a time and a season for everyting right!? Anyhow! We had a good weekend. My mom even did my toenails! She's so good to me! Hope you all had a great Easter! These pictures are uploaded really wierd...and I can't fix them for some reason!

4 comments:
I'm so proud of Weston!! If he's potty Trainned before the baby comes oh how much easier life will be for you!! What a great idea to make him a firefighter! I'm going to use that next time.
Congrats on cute toes. Glad you had a fun easter! Yeah...my kids were totally loud during conference too!! Thank goodness we can record it and watch it over! Maybe next time I'll get something out of it. Happy easter
Sounds like a really great Easter weekend!
sounds like you had a fun eventful easter. hope Weston continues to do well with potty training. My shower curtain is the same kind of animals, but a bigger print of it.
poor Weston! Good thing your blog is private huh?
Sounds like you had a very wonderful conference/easter weekend.
Post a Comment