Sunday, June 14, 2009

lake, tie dye and a movie






There's not much to blog about... or at least not that my failing memory can recall...but I'm gonna try to do an update anyways!

SO! This week has been pretty fun. With Aimee here, I worry about her getting too bored...so we've tried to come up with a few fun things to do! There's been wacky weather to contend with too. The winds returned...which is good and bad. Bad because I hate the layer of dirt it leaves in my windows...and good because it's kept things cool. We're in the middle of June now and we still haven't had to turn on your AC! We also got a little rain this week...which is NEVER a bad thing around here!

I don't remember which day it was this week...maybe Monday? Anyhow....we (me, Aimee and the kids) along with Pam and her kids...(minus Jayzee and Dahlia and including Jewel and Jack) went to Woodland Lake. I don't know why I have never heard of that place before! It's up in Pinetop...about a 35-40 minute drive. They have a paved path around the lake that we walked (in the rain)...and ducks and swans to feed. I loved being out in the rain...even though it made things a little cool for comfort at times. We saw birds fishing and just enjoyed the smell of the trees! By the way...(my niece NaElle told me this and it's true even though I thought for a minute that she was just trying to made me look crazy)....anyhow...If you sniff a tree in a place were the bark is cracked and the tree is sort of exposed it smells like vanilla or butterscotch! It's true. You should try it!

What else did we do this week????? Oh! We made tie dye T-shirts! We made a big ol' mess doing it. It was windy outside and we had the dye in squirt bottles. We all had on "grubby" clothes...but then Jaydee (she's Addie's age) came over and even though she wasn't near the mess...the mess got near her because the wind blew sprays of dye all over. BUT....we have some super cute summer camp looking T-shirts now! We all put our shirts on and took pictures. I need to post those. We really looked like we'd been at summer camp!

Let's see......Friday night my brother Eric and his wife Kim drove up to visit! I really didn't think they'd come! None of my siblings have been up here to visit me in probably 2 years or more. They got here Friday night and realized they'd forgotten their bag that had their clothes in it....so me, Aimee and Kim made a late night trip to Wal-mart for a few essential items! :) Saturday I took Eric and Kim along with Aimee and Weston on a little tour of town. That didn't take too long...but it was fun. Then that night Aimee baby sat and us married folk went on a double date. We ate at this Italian place in Pinetop and then went and saw the movie "Land of the Lost". It was one of those movies where most of the funny parts were shown in the previews...and there were some pretty crude lines...so it's not one I'd recommend seeing...although it was moderately entertaining! :) After the movie we went to Dairy Queen. Let me tell you a little secret. The Dairy Queen in Show Low gives you more for your money than the one here in Snowflake. The medium in Show Low is the same size as the large here (just a little random information for ya!).

Eric and Kim drove home this morning. Well....I assume they made it home. I haven't heard from them though. The rest of us almost made it to church on time. I was excited for Nursery today because the Achievement Day girls (aka Dawniel) cleaned and organized all the toys and our cupboard. I love organization so that was very exciting for me! Everything was so nice and neat that it took the kids a lot longer to make a mess! I feel bad for not helping Dawniel with that project.

OH! I have to mention yoga because I don't think I have yet. This week was my second week of yoga and I already don't know what I ever did without it! I LOVE the stretching, breathing and relaxing. This next week I have to miss the Tuesday class because of Enrichment Night...but we're going to be learning some meditation techniques which I am excited about. We've also done a little reflexology. I love this class!

Well....that's about it I guess. Here's to another fun week right!?

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

Love the pictures. Yep...looks like you've all been to summer camp. I can't believe how big Weston is. I looked at his picture and thought...who is that? Then when I realize it was Weston I about died. What happened to your baby?