Friday, May 15, 2009

I have just been thinking. It's a funny thing having a blog as a journal. I know we've all gone back and read pages from our journal and felt SO silly for ever thinking "that" let alone writing it down...and we contemplate tearing the page out or maybe burning the journal all together...get rid of the evidence that we're not perfect...

...that's kindda how I feel about blogging...sometimes I go back and read something (like crying about a messed up mixer) and then I feel SO silly and just KNOW that people are thinking that I am crazy...and you know what...sometimes I wonder if I am. But, I know THIS...it's how I felt...and other people have cried over sillier things, I am sure, and maybe reading that I cry over silly things sometimes made them feel better. I don't know.

Well...the point of blogging about this isn't for me to try to convince you that I am not nuts...that's still to be debated...it's this: don't be afraid to let people see YOU. Same thing goes for me not feeling like I fit in here in Snowflake...I just gotta be me...even when I don't feel like it's enough.

6 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

Jen--I love ya:)!!

*Katie May* said...

Hey I would cry over the mixer. I got super made when I was doing an iron on to on of Carsten's onesie that I was super excited to iron on and then I did it upside down I was ticked! :) So i could imagine if that happened to my brand new spankin mixer :) Anyway great post I agree :)

Melis said...

I've been through the same thing. People are always making fun of bloggers saying they only put things to make them look perfect. My opinion on that is that I want to remember the good things. When something bad happens, my first thought is not to go write it in my journal or call all my friends and tell them the bad things. However, when something exciting or good happens, I want to share and write. I really need to update my blog. I'm WAY behind. Maybe today. And....I didn't know you felt like you don't fit in, in Snowflake. I'm so sorry, I should be a better friend. I love seeing you around and our visits! You are a GREAT person!

Michelle said...

And I love YOU!!!!!

Angela said...

I love you too! I love the things you write helps me feel normal! :) Thanks for chatting with me today you always brighten my day! Hope you have fun tonight with your girls.

Tanya Leigh said...

SO TRUE! My mom is the type of person who thinks she is weird or the only one who does certain things & that everybody else must be better at it... blogs are one way to look around and say, "hey! I do that TOO!" It's therapeutic. :)