Sunday, February 1, 2009

Our week...or what my fading memory can remember of it!

SO! Another week! A new month! CRAZY how fast it's going by...and I am SO glad it is! I can't WAIT for summer so we can sleep in, play outside, go for walks, wear flip flops...and just feel warm without the outrageously high heating bills! :)

Well....my cousin Jamie and I got put in charge of planning a family reunion for the Newbold's this year! We were able to reserve Busbee Ranch in Heber for the 4th of July weekend. I am excited! I think it's going to be a lot of fun....I'll have to give more details on what we're going to do later! (yes, I know...the suspense is going to kill you...)

Now on to my OH SO EXCITING week!

I really don't remember much from Monday. My visiting teacher (who is Brandon's cousin Heidi) came over. She's always so fun to talk to!...I know we did something for Family Home Evening...but I honestly can't remember what (I am sure it left a lasting impression on my children though!)...(*later*)
NOW I remember...we went to DQ...and had a lesson on sharing (as Kaitlyn, Brandon and I shared a large blizzard and Addie and Weston shared one of their dairy-free star popsicle thingy's!...Good lesson huh?)

Tuesday is the day Kaitlyn goes to dance class. She loves to get all dressed up on her tights, leotard and little skirt! She doesn't like that she has to wear her hair in a bun though...but I LOVE it! She looks so cute. (I'll have to take a picture this week) That night, Brandon and I went over to Jon and Dawniels house for this "SaladMaster Cookware" party. Basically Dawniel wanted the free gift and since my mother in law was willing to watch the kids...we took advantage of the chance to get out! Now...the whole SaladMaster thing is just dumb if you ask me. I mean...if it didn't cost over $9000 for the whole set...or $2000+ for three pots...I would buy it...but HELLO!? I don't even want to know if any of you own that stuff because I wont be able to look at you the same way again! j/k :) I just didn't like the scare tactics used..."What price tag do you put on your child's health???" BUT! We had fun! Sam and Peggy Weech where there too...so the company was top notch...and the lady presenting the astronomically priced cookware made us a yummy dinner...and Dawniel gets her hostess gift...so what more could you ask for? :)


I don't remember much from Wednesday either. (Maybe I should try writing more often than once a week huh? I might remember more...) I DO remember that Brandon had to go out to dinner with some visitors they've had out at the Mill. He wasn't too thrilled about it. He wont appreciate me telling you this...but he was a little skeptical of the "gender preferences" of the majority of the group. I am usually jealous when he gets to go out to eat and have the company pay for it...but this time I just had to laugh!


Thursday...wasn't very long ago and I still don't remember it. I know I called my cousin Shannon. She's pregnant with twin girls and due soon. I hadn't talked to her in FOREVER so I decided I better call her before she has the babies and wont have time to chat. It was good to catch up on things! I also tried a new recipe for dinner. It's for Mandarin Orange chicken...it was good...but like most things, it would have tasted better fried! After dinner...I ignored my "inner voice" and went to my volleyball game...I'll I can say is that I wont be doing THAT again!

Friday????? I got to talk to Angela! It's like our therapy session! We try to call each other at least once a week. I had to go before we got our full 2-3 hours in...but it was still great! Brandon and I had appointments to do initiatories. I am so glad we actually made it. It seems like things always come up (...we can't find a sitter...) and we end up going months without going to the Temple.(...then comes the guilt...). It was extra great for me because Mary Louise (Brandon's mom) happened to be working in initiatories when I was there. After we were done at the Temple, we went out to dinner at Eva's...then came home. Our niece's Katie and Molly babysat for us...from their report, the worst thing that happened was Weston pooping in the tub!

Saturday started out rough for me. I needed to get the house clean and make a Wal-Mart trip but Brandon wasn't going to be able to be home to help with the kids. I don't know if I am the only one with this problem...but it is near impossible for me to clean the house without Brandon here to keep the kids entertained and out of my way...and it is near torture to go to Wal-Mart by myself with all three kids...so it was not even 10 a.m. and I was already feeling like my whole day was going to be a waste! Luckily...it didn't turn out that way! I was rescued by my wonderful sister in law Pam! She got some girls to come watch my kiddos and we went to Wal-Mart together! Then we had the best talk! I seriously don't know what I would do without Pam. I would really, seriously be LOST without her!

Today went well. We ALMOST made it to church on time! I don't know if we'll make it there on time at all this year! Getting me and the kids ready by 8:45 a.m. really does seem impossible to me...but...I am going to keep trying. Miracles happen! After church we fed the kids a little snack and then I went and laid down with Weston. He fell right to sleep...but I stayed awake because my feet were freezing but I was too tired/lazy to get up and put socks on! (silly huh?) Then we broke our fast and ate dinner. Brandon started watching the Super Bowl...then had to hit record while we went over and visit with his mom. We went and played Phase 10...(Brandon won...I lost...) and now we are home! The kids are in bed and Brandon is watching the football game. I have looked onlne and know that his team, the Cardinals (who haven't been in a Super Bowl since the 60's) lost by 4 measly points...but I am going to be a nice wife and not ruin it for him!

Tomorrow Pam and I are going to paint our sister in law Jennifer's house. Jennifer's mom is going to keep an eye on my kids for me which I am so greatful for! I have been wanting to help on the house and haven't been able to. (Well...I guess staying home with the kids while Brandon helps with things is helping...technically) I wish I had my camera on me yesterday. Brandon was painting with the sprayer and I guess he had a little accident! He looked like a ghost! His eye lashes looked like they had 50 coats of white mascara in them and the hair on this arms liked like a flocked Christmas tree! It was pretty funny!

Well...that's about all I can think of for this week! Hope you are doing great!

P.S. I don't know why the fonts in this post are different. I keep trying to fix it.???

4 comments:

*Katie May* said...

I should write what we do for the week but it would be pretty boring. Took Kiley to school sat on my rear end and them picked her up. the end :)

Michelle said...

Yes, you need to get a pic of her all dolled up for sure!

Eva's huh? Yum...

Can you come help me paint next? I'm waivering again cause I'm on my own!! :(

Marci said...

I agree we need to see a picture of her!!!

Michelle, we should have a paint party at your palce!

I just have to say really fast Yay, Steelers! That's all I'm going to say here!

And I find it easiets to clean when Erik is out of the house. I always find some excuse not to when he's home! The girls and I have the cleaning down pat, but throw Erik in and everything is thrown off.

I think part of the problem is that he an I have different ways of cleaning, and different priorities of what needs cleaned. Like yes it's nice if the microwave gets cleaned once a week but if the outside is wiped down does it really matter if the inside has a little spill? No I think not, better for the outside to look sparkly clean, after all that's all company sees! And it's not like it never gets cleaned.

Jennifer said...

I'd SO love to paint with you Michelle! It's so fun when you have kids out of the way and a friend to talk to! I think Dustin and Erik should watch the kids while you and Marci paint! :)