I just went too look at my calendar to refresh my memory a little on what happened this past week. Kaitlyn and Addie are in bed...not at all asleep...and I heard Kaitlyn getting after Addie to "be quite because she needs to sleep". Brandon was telling Kaitlyn to just ignore her and Kaitlyn said, "I am trying to! I just want to sing a song to myself in my head and it's really hard to do when she is talking"....that cracks me up! These kids get on my NERVES often...but they sure are cute. I also just closed the door to the office so that I can't hear them anymore...so that helps! :)
So, I really don't feel like typing right now...but I have found that it's so much easier to blog when my kids aren't around! (shocker!) Weston has been crying seriously like 7 hours a day...just whining and being so cranky. He's getting 4 molars so I know why he's acting this way...but I really miss my happy little boy! Funny thing is that he's worse when I am around. He just wants me to sit and hold him which I would LOVE to do if everything else I have to do in a day got done without me!
Let's see what I can remember from last week...
Monday Pam and I painted at Jennifer's house. It was so fun to spend time with Pam and I am SO grateful to Jennifer's mom (Marsha) for watching my kids and to Dawniel for going to the school and picking up Kaitlyn because her teacher forgot to put her on the bus that would take her to Jennifer's. (Pam and Dawniel are two people who I would be LOST without!) So, I haven't been over to see how our paint job turned out! When we left it was kindda getting dark...so there might be some touch up work that still needs to be done.
Tuesday I watched Dawniels little girl Brynn while she went to help out in Hayden's class at school. Brynn was so good! I felt so loved when didn't want to go home when her mom came to get her. I found out that later that day she was throwing up and having the flu...I felt bad for her but glad she had gone home instead of playing longer. My kids never got sick...knock on wood. Also on Tuesday I took Kaitlyn to get her hair trimmed. I would do it myself...but I can't cut a straight line to save my life! Besides, I love Tracy and look for any excuse to go visit her. She has a fun back yard too...with a cute little red barn, goats, chickens, donkeys, tortoises, a trampoline and a swing set....so the kids like going there...and I bribed them to be good by telling them I'd take them to Taco Bell for lunch...and for once...it worked!
Wednsday...I don't remember...I know Brandon had a basketball game, and like I have said in previous posts, I don't go to them anymore because I don't like chasing after the kids...but this time his game was at 7 p.m. so Kaitlyn went with him and watched. Her little friends Ellie was there so that was a fun night for her.
Thursday was a rough day...I don't remember why...but it was. I finally got a shower at about 4 p.m. and decided that I needed to get out of the house so when Brandon got home I took Adelin on a date. We wanted to go to a movie, but there wasn't a good kid one playing. Addie told me that she wanted to have chicken and rice for dinner and then go to the store to buy rainbow band aides (Remember? She LOVES to wear band aides) SO! That's what we did! We went to a restaurant in Show Low that we have never tried "Samurai Sam's" it was pretty good. Then we ventured over to Wal-Mart and found some rainbow band aides! We also found some baby doll diapers for her "baby Sally". She mothers that doll better than most adults could! She was SO excited to come home and change Sally's diaper!
Friday I spent the day getting the house somewhat in order...and packing for Mesa. We left at about 5:30 p.m. We got to my parents and I tell you I sat on their couch and about fell right to sleep. I was SO tired! Then I took a shower and got ready for bed and was WIDE awake! I don't think I slept more than 2 or 3 hours that night.
Saturday morning all of my siblings and their spouses/fiance came over for breakfast. It felt good for us all to be together again. I realized that I have been away from my brothers for too long. I can no longer handle talking about large worms being found in peoples brains or little ones creeping out of eye balls. I kept being grossed out and my oldest brother Sam was like, "Why are you so grossed out!? You used to talk about stuff like this all the time!" It might sound sick to admit...but I miss talking about gross things with my brothers. I think as a kid I learned that if I could be gross, I could impress my brothers. I can honestly burp louder than most grown men...thanks to them! :) Anyhow! Saturday night my parents watched Adelin and Weston while Brandon and I took Kaitlyn to see "The Lion King"! We didn't tell her where we were taking her. She knew we were going to Mesa to go somewhere as a surprise for her...but she had no clue! I told her that morning that we had to dress up to go "to our surprise" and she did NOT like that! She got all sassy and said, "Where can we go dressed up that would be fun? To CHURCH!?" When we got in the car to go to the play we gave her the tickets and had her read them...then she got excited. We took her out to dinner at Chili's before the play. She wasn't excited about trying a restaurant that she's never been to...but in the end she liked it and has asked if we can go back again. SO! The PLAY!? It was awesome! Kaitlyn was in the edge of her seat! She loved the "Akuwna matata" (or however you spell that) scene the best. I think the three of us all loved Rafiki. She was so funny. I loved the African dancers/singers too. I was only disappointed in the fact that some of the performers with lead roles like the young Simba and Nala didn't do as well as you would expect Broadway show performers to do. Put I LOVED all the costumes...the giraffes were amazing! After the play, we took Kaitlyn around to the stage door to meet some of the performers. They weren't in costume anymore...but we met a guy who plays a zebra and also one of the ensemble singer/dancers! It was such a fun night! I have been wanting to see that play ever since it came out. Hopefully it'll be something that Kaitlyn will always remember doing with mom and dad. That reminds me. On the way home from the play, we were driving near our OLD neighborhood...where we lived when we first got married and when Kaitlyn was a baby. We were asking Kaitlyn if she remembered any of the places and she said, "no". I asked her to try to think of what her first memory was. She was quite for a little bit and then said that she remembers when we lived in Queen Creek and she and I cut out and painted leaves (it was autumn) and we hung them from the ceiling then turned on music and danced under the leaves. I am sure at the time I was just trying to keep her entertained...little did I know that I was creating a lasting memory.
Sunday we went to church with my parents. Their ward meets at 8:00 a.m.! I thought going at 9 a.m. was hard! We had planned to eat lunch, visit a while then come home...but we kept checking the road conditions on SR 260 and the highway was restricted to 4-wheel drive and cars with chains only. I didn't want to drive home through Salt River Canyon because it makes me sick...plus there was ice on the road there too...so we ended up staying another night. My Grandpa Newbold came over and we all played a game of UNO. My grandpa is such a good sport...he played with us even though he is color blind! Even when he holds a green card right next to a red one, he can't tell the difference. Sadly, he lost the game...but, we all still had a good time! I have the best grandparents! :)
Today the roads weren't any better but Brandon wanted to try to make it home...so we braved it...and made it home safe and sound. There was tons of snow from Payson all the way to Heber...but none here in Snowflake. Weird.
The house is pretty quiet now. The kids must all be asleep. I guess I better go do the same! It's going to be nice to sleep in my own bed tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









4 comments:
ok I love the way you write. I need to blog like that. Your kids always do the cutest things. I'm glad you guys made it home safe.
You have been busy...no wonder you have been M.I.A.:) You are brave, those roads would have given me a heart attack I think . I'm so glad that you guys liked the play. I thought it was really good! Did you take any pics? I need to see that new lens of yours put to work!!
So glad you liked the Lion King...Rafiki is amazing!! And it sounds like you had such a good week--it was honestly so much fun to get to talk to you! Glad you got home all safe and sound!
I heard the roads were all crazy that way. How cool to go to Lion King. My bro got his wife tickets for Christmas. I don't know if they have gone yet or not. I always wanted to go to that play or ANY play that is. How funny about your brothers and the gross things. I have heard about the brain worm but never about ones coming out of eyes :S I can burp louder than most grown men thanks to my Brother :) Anyway, sounds like a good week :) Hope Weston feels better soon with his teething.
Post a Comment