Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Indexing

I have heard about indexing for years. I finally got an account this month. I tell ya...indexing is fun! I love being able to do family history work right here in my house! To be honest...I haven't done much family history work ever.

I read about the 1940 census being released....and since I love that "era"...I wanted to be able to help.

Indexing is totally easy. I have worked on a few baptism record cards...and a few death certificates...and a lot of draft cards. It's fun...and interesting. Today I was working on some draft cards and there was a family of 5 or 6 men who were signing up...and all of them but one had their birthday in October. Last week I did a death certificate for a baby boy who only lived a day. He didn't have a name.

SO! If you are reading this (one of the 3 people who read my blog...) click on the "INDEX!" button to the right (the tree). Sign up and get started! :) Then invite others to do it too.

*seriously...set a goal to index a batch before you let yourself look at FB or Pintress or whatever...you'll love it.*

2 comments:

Tanya Leigh said...

Wow! You Go, Girl!!

I have had a guilty conscience about the whole Family History thing for YEARS and years and years and years.

But if you say it's doable, then, I will have to give it a shot. I'll even wake up early tomorrow to try it out! :)

Thanks for the inspiration, and I'll be sending some prayers for your dad.

Love & Prayers!

Stephanie said...

One day I will do this- in the meanwhile I am working to have names from my dad's side entered and have been chipping away here and there on family names when we go to the temple the past couple of years. Family history is so interesting. Grandma Newbold would be very proud of you :)