Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Conversation



After dropping Adelin off at school, the boys and I went and dropped a few bills in the mail at the post office.

Have I mentioned that Weston talks a lot? Well, he does and he asks random questions right out of no where.

So, after dropping the bills in the mail, Weston asked. "What about Grandpa's liver?" I said, "What about it?" And this is the conversation that followed.

W: "Did he get a new one?"

M: "No, not yet."

W: "What if he doesn't get a new one and he dies?"

M: "Well. Then that means that Heavenly Father needed for him to die. But we hope that he will get a new liver and get healthy again."

W: "If he dies then I can't hug him anymore."

M: "Nope. After you die your body gets buried. You'd have to wait for The Resurrection"

W: "How do you get the bodies out of the ground when they are resurrected?"

M: "I'm not sure. But Heavenly Father knows"

W: "Yeah cuz Heavenly Father knows everything"

M: "He does. He just doesn't tell us everything all at once."

W: "Well. He can't talk to us to tell us things because we aren't by Him."

M: "He can tell you things....if you pray...and listen to the feelings in your heart and the good thoughts in your mind."

W: "..........maybe I can get one of those heart listener things to help me."

:) I thought that was cute. Don't you just love when you get to have these kinds of conversations with your kids?

6 comments:

Larson Family said...

So very sweet.

Shannon said...

that is so cute and sweet.

Tanya Leigh said...

Those are precious thoughts. Yes, I love when those moments come into our lives. Sweet kids.

Love & prayers.

Monty and Kristin said...

Wow, that was deep! I'm impressed. Aren't you glad you have answers for him and he's humble enough to listen. That was so sweet. Hey, I want one of those heart listener things if it will help. So cute!! And I hope your dad gets a new liver too.

Jennifer said...

mom that was sooooooooooo funny i trie to get weston to say stuff like that but he dosen't listen pluse it isn't as cute

Stephanie said...

Totally melted my heart. Kids amaze me what sweet spirits they have- no wonder the Savior has instructed us to be like them. SO believing and understanding.