Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving!

We had a good Thanksgiving.

We made it down to Mesa and had Thanksgiving with Brandon's family.

We stayed at a hotel...which we don't usually do when we go to Mesa. We stayed at the Residence Inn...which was our first time staying at one of those...but it was great because they have a full size fridge and a stove...and a dishwasher. Our food assignment was mashed potatoes...so we were able to cook those up just fine! :)

Brandon's family made some GOOD food this year. Who made that green bean casserole with fresh green beans? It was yummy. I ate too much at Thanksgiving dinner and have eaten too much every day since.

We had our second Flake Family stick horse rodeo which has sort of become a Flake Family Thanksgiving Tradition. The kids love it and it's fun to watch. (Kaitlyn won 4th place in the tennis shoe race)!

Brandon and I are usually excited to do some Black Friday shopping....but this year we were just plain out too tired! Connor hasn't been sleeping well at night...so the thought of being out shopping for hours instead of sleeping didn't appeal to us too much. I had gone through the ads and made a list and everything...but decided to sleep instead. This is the first Black Friday I have missed in 5 years. Crazy huh?

All in all...we had a fun and relaxing Thanksgiving. We spent yesterday and today swimming at the hotel and watching TV!

This week marks 6 years since we moved here to Snowflake. So...I thought I'd make a little list of 6 things I've like about living in Snowflake. :)

1. I like going to Ed's (supermarket) and having one of my nieces or nephews be the cashier or bag my groceries. It's a fun time to chit chat with them.
2. I love the summers here!
3. I love the leaves in the Fall!
4. I love the 12 Days of Christmas! For the first 12 days of December there is a performance or celebration of some sort put on by the town!
5. I love our ward. Snowflake 5th!
6. I love that seeing an airplane in the sky is something special to my kids! We don't see that everyday here! My kids enjoy the simple things...they have never been to Disneyland...but they are thrilled to go to the park or for a walk. My kids are very "outdoors-y" and I think it's because of where they've been raised.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I didn't go shopping either, for the same reason- I wanted to sleep! I can't remember the last time I didn't go! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! I don't know if I could come up with 7 things I like about Kyle? Maybe? It is growing on me. :)