Wednesday, November 9, 2011

2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I really like this scripture.

It is an answer to Paul's pleading with the Lord.

"My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong."

God's grace was sufficient for Paul. It is sufficient for me. It is sufficient for you. "My grace is sufficient for thee" means that His grace is enough to meet any need.

That is a powerful promise.
   
Do you have sorrow?
Are you confused?
Do you struggle?
Does something hurt?

You'll be okay. You are not alone. There is someone who knows you better than anyone and He's the only one who can help.

I love what Pres. Monson said last month in Conference. "May we realize and understand how close to us He is willing to come, how far He is willing to go to help us, how much He loves us, and how much He does and is willing to do for us."

Some might say, "Than why hasn't He!?"





I think it is helpful to remember that the Lord has a plan for each of us. He has a time table and we should never lower our expectation  that our prayers will be answered. We have to keep praying...than doing what he inspired us to do so we can become who he is trying to make us into. Sounds nice right? Sounds easy? Well...it isn't at first. But as we pray and read the scriptures, we are able to see with spiritual eyes. These eyes see where we have been, where we are going and they see the Lord doing what He said he'd do...turning our weaknesses into strengths.

I LOVE that! I LOVE the gospel!

*I know I should be giving credit to the amazing artist whose inages I used. If they actually knew that I used them...THAT would be amazing! So just let me say "Thank you!" since I don't know their names.*

3 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

Thanks Jennifer. That was so strong/powerful and true!! We need to remember he is closer than we think and knows what we need. Love you!!

Brandon said...

Very nicely said.

Tanya Leigh said...

You are inspiring, Jenn. I had no idea you were posting as much any more. What a pleasant surprise.

Thank you for your testimony. I love that scripture at the top!

Now, I really SHOULD be getting to bed ... so I will.