Sunday, May 16, 2010

Having a newborn really makes you value your time! I am sitting here thinking, "I shouldn't be on the computer...I should go take a shower right now because I need to feed the baby in 45 minutes....". Brandon has him right now...and he's not being fussy....so I have no need to feel guilty. Brandon will be home this whole week! (SO excited for that! I love to hang out with him.) Brandon is also having his knee surgery this Thursday morning. He's been in pain long enough...poor guy.

So, I had to blog about some things.

My kids are getting a little education in lactation. (Not formally) Adelin who likes to wear a swim suit under her clothes was found by Brandon with baby wipes down the front of her suit. He thought she was "stuffing her bra"....but she informed him that they were her nursing pads! Later, we were playing a card game and Adelin said, "My chest isn't growing". (I have thought that many times about myself....but not as a 4 year old!) I told her that if she's lucky, it will....someday. (Maybe she really was "stuffing her bra" earlier?)

Alright, I better go take a shower.

Good night you all!

6 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

so funny! I love how you told her if she is lucky she will--no promises. My boys talk about lactation too. Kory said, "moms have big su su's(samoan for chest) so they can feed their babies. Dads su su's are smaller and kids are really small." I felt so proud that he called me big because in actuality I think Monty might be bigger.

Bushman's said...

so funny. Addi cracks me up. love it. let me know what the name of that book is that you're reading. I need to learn how to communicate properly with my 8 year old!!

Shannon said...

That's too funny. Kids observe and learn too much some times.

Jewel said...

Um...this isn't the first education Addie's had in lactation. It is funny that she wants to be growing already, though--I didn't worry about that till I was in college! :)

*okay--this is too funny. My word verication is "bustelem."

*Katie May* said...

Such a funny girl

jill s said...

haha!! love it!

you're doing awesome at posting!!!