Did anyone else wake up to the sound of a "meeehiinggg" baby goat!? Lovely sound at 6 a.m.! :) I HAVE to once again....chuckle at "country life". I don't really think of living in Snowflake as "country"...more "small town"....but either way....what I am about to tell you would not happen in the more highly populated areas of any state. (I think). SO....if you have ever been to my house...you know that the majority of the people who live of my street don't enjoy yard work...and it shows in the amount of weeds that overtake their property. BUT....these non-lawn-mowers are getting resourceful! One neighbor has employed two goats to maintain his yard...and when he runs low on weeds (key word is "weeds"...there's very little grass)...he takes his goats and ties them up in other peoples weedy yards...(with their permission of course). He even tied them up down the street near the road where the weeds were getting out of control! But he's not the only one! I know of another family whose goat tenant works solely in their back yard...you don't see that one much. But this baby goat? It's a new one. Our next door neighbors brought this little one home yesterday and it just "mmmeeehhhheeeeddd" for the longest time! I imagine that he was saying something similar to what my kiddos say when they don't like what I fix for dinner! "Do I have to eat all of it?" I should really take pictures...and their little Pug dog just sat there staring at the goat like, "What are you and why are you here?"
...Now don't think that I am being judgemental talking about other peoples less than maintained yards. I am sure they have their reasons. Ours gets out of control sometimes too! Maybe we need a goat????
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Not a bad idea! Funny story! Take a picture...he sounds cute. Cutter than I'm sure he sounds at 6:00 in the morning!! Fun times.
That's a small town for ya! At least you don't have to set your alarm anymore.
Hey Jennifer, I never told you this, but a few days after this post my SIL brought over 2 of her goats to help with our grass problem. I was laughing when I read this....heehee
Post a Comment