9 years ago...I woke up with curlers in my hair and took a nice long bath.
Today...I woke up with my little boys foot in my face...and I still haven't taken a shower.
9 years ago...I skipped breakfast
Today...I am serving up bowls of cereal, sippy cups of juice and milk and buttering toast for three hungry kiddos.
9 years ago...My mom and aunt Cheryl did my hair in a french twist with curls on top and my cousin Shannon did my make up.
Today...I throw my hair up in a pony tail and only take the time for make up when I am not running late for something!
9 years ago...I wasn't nervous at all. The day seemed more natural than anything I have ever chosen to do.
Today...I sometimes wonder if I am doing things right for my husband and kids.
9 years ago...My mom helped me into my beautiful white beaded and sequenced dress....then we realized I forgot to put on my nylons and I had to hold my dress over my head while my mom helped me put them on.
Today...I order clothes online and wear them even if I don't really think they look as good in person as they did on the computer....and I only wear nylons on cold winter Sundays.
9 years ago...Brandon and I looked at each other over the alter with excitement, love, and maybe a little apprehension.
Today...we look at each other and try to remember what it was like to not feel tired, over worked and in need of a date night...if only we could find a good baby sitter.
9 years ago...We got married.
Today...We would do it again if given the chance.
*Also...Happy Anniversary to Skye and Kyle yesterday and Angela and Kevin today...and Happy Birthday to my father-in-law who isn't here....thanks for letting us be married on your 65th birthday...it gives us something happy to celebrate today now that you are gone.*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









6 comments:
Happy Anniversary to you too! I hope you had a great night out with your hubby. Thanks for chatting with me today. I am so glad we moved into the same townhomes and became friends. You're the best!
Happy anniversary you two love birds!!!
Happy Anniversary...this was such a cute post! Yeah, if someone would have told you 9 years from now you'd have 3 kids and be living in Snowflake would you have believed them?! I loved your contrast...how cleaver. Hope you had a date night last night. Love ya!!!By the way...I don't think I ever saw that beautiful dress. I'd love to!!
Happy Anniversary to you too! I love your post...it is so cute. What a great way to remember the last 9 years. Nine years from now it will say something like: I stayed up late waiting for the girls to get back from their dates, Weston just got back from Scout Camp-we sure missed him, etc. Lol! Time goes by way too fast.
Happy Anniversary. That was really sweet. And so true--I think to most people. Thanks for sharing. I think you are great:)
This is such an awesome post- you are a talented writer. 9 years. It seems just like yesterday you were throwing out the rice the family shoved in the truck. Love you!!
Post a Comment