Friday, July 24, 2009

I don't know how all of you will feel about this topic...but I am posting it anyways...not as a way for me to be preachy and "holier than than thou"....but just to be informative.

So, we were driving to Show Low tonight and saw a lady from our ward out running...in the shortest little shorts! I of course took notice and pointed it out to Brandon...because that's just the way I am...observant and slightly judgemental. This started a little conversation about how to properly wear the Temple Garment. I thought they should not be taken off for sporting activities (other than swimming), and Brandon thought otherwise as long as the clothing you were wearing was still modest. I had talked to a counselor in our Bishopric about this during my last Temple recommend interview...just because I was curious and a little confused about how I have seen endowed people dressed while they are exercising or playing sports. ANYHOW....since Brandon is the first source I go to when I have a gospel related question, and since we slightly disagreed...I turned to lds.org . If you have ever wondered about how the Temple Garment should be worn, then read this I think it answers the question pretty well. Be sure to read the section under "Teachings of Modern Prophets".

3 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

Very Interesting. I enjoyed reading these articles. I think your feelings were proof of your commitment to the Lord. I'm proud of you!

Mindy said...

Great article. I agree with your opinion, not Brandon's.

Tanya Leigh said...

I have always felt that way, too! Thanks for the link, it cleared up (and verified) my feelings. :)