Thursday, July 16, 2009
...get your hair wet!
Yesterday Brandon and I went with some of our nieces and nephews plus a few on his siblings and in-laws to the Temple to do baptisms for the dead. When Brandon told me about going, he asked if I wanted to go "help" and so I was thinking that I would be helping in the baptistery and not actually doing baptisms. I spent all day yesterday cleaning (with the help of my cleaning angel Carmen) and then I hurried and took a shower and did my hair. Dawniel was kind enough to stop by and pick up our kids...so we were able to get over to the Temple without too much stress. Well...we got there and people were asking me if I was going to do baptisms. I was already in the mind set that I was just "helping"... so I said "no"...and I had just taken a shower and done my hair...so I sorta wanted to stay dry. But then a few other people asked me if I was going to do baptisms...some even more than once...and I got to thinking that I better do baptisms! So...I changed and went and sat next to my nieces. I got into the confirmation room and Brandon was able to be the one to do the confirmations. My brother in law Travis was baptising, but right when it was my turn, they switched baptisers and Brandon was able to baptise me too. After showering off and changing...and running my fingers through my hair (since I hadn't planned to get wet, I didn't bring a comb)....I sat down in the baptistery and the thought came to me that I would have missed out on not only doing a service for someone, but the whole experience and I would have gone home feeling bad that I hadn't done baptisms and confirmations! It just got me wondering what else I/we don't do that is right just because we "don't want to get our hair wet". How many times to we hear something that reminds us of what we should be doing....but we ignore it because what we are doing really isn't bad....but it's not as good as what we could be doing. Do I even make sense???? I guess what I am trying to say is that I/we shouldn't let little (not wanting wet hair) or big things (whatever they may be) keep us from doing what we know is right. We shouldn't look at people who remind us to choose the right as being offensive...what we should do is LISTEN to them because if we do...we wont regret it. EVER!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Cool post!! I feel like I've have my spiritual thought for the day!! I love it!! Yes...we all need to get our hair wet!! Thanks so much Jennifer! Love ya.
That is so wonderful! I think you are so right. I wonder how many times I miss great things by getting by wit!h the good. Your the best, thanks for the reminder! Hopefully next time I have the chance I will get my hair wet! Missin ya! Were headin' back to AZ in the morning. Better go get some sleep!:)
Post a Comment