I have to blog about mine and Weston's first date!
Wednesday night we headed out to Show Low for some dinner and WalMart shopping. (woohoo!) As we were driving I asked him, "Are you going on a date with momma!?" and he said, "I go ball game". That was his way of protesting the "shopping" part of the date I guess. If there had been a ball game going on that I knew about, I would have taken him...but since I needed to run to WalMart anyways and since he's only 22 months old, I chose where we went. (poor kid...I bet his date with dad will be MUCH more fun). I did let him choose where we ate dinner though. I asked him if he wanted a taco or chicken nuggets, and he wanted chicken nuggets. So, we went to Wendy's....and that's where Weston's little personality came out! (It's so fun to be alone with one child somewhere because they act totally different than when they are all together!) He was pretending like he was a horse. At first, he'd just gallop to the end of our bench and back, and than say, "Horse thirsty" and take a drink...and then "Horsey hungry" and take a bite of food. But then he broke loose into a gallop around the whole restaurant...and that was hard to stop! Really, it was so cute that I didn't really mind! It's funny because he used to run everywhere before, and now he gallops!
Well...we went to WalMart for some exciting shopping. He has learned one thing from his sisters though...and that is "can we go to the toy aisle?" I took him to see the fish first. (yup, the WalMart fish section...it's about as good as going to the aquarium...or as good as it gets around here!) He loved looking at the fish and "bugs" (crabs). Then we looked at the balls, because those caught his eye...and then at Lego's because I wanted to check them out. He loves building Lego "towers" but the Lego set we have is from when Kaitlyn was his age and only has about 15 pieces to it now! I am pretty sure that's what he's getting for his birthday.
Oh, I have to tell you something funny that Weston said. When we were done shopping, I went to change his diaper and found out that he was "stinky". We were in the bathroom and I said, "Weston, that's gross!" and he said, "I'm NOT gross!" It's just so funny to hear him say things that make sense! He's still so little to me. I can't help but laugh!
Well...that was our date! Weston did get a new hyper color Nerf football out of it...so I hope that made up for us not going to a ball game!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
So sweet. I think it's so cool you do dates with your kids. What a special memory! It is crazy to hear about Weston talking because I still see him as a baby!! I think a ball is a great reward to going shopping!!;)
Post a Comment