Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I ate ants for breakfast!

I love my Cascadian Farm granola! It's just so yummy and I feel so healthy when I eat it. But....I don't know if I am going to be able to eat it anymore. :(

I was finishing off my bowl of granola this morning when I noticed some black things in the milk. I thought is was just a few burnt pieces of oats. As I was putting another spoonful into my mouth...I looked into my bowl and realized those burnt oats weren't oats at all! They were ants! {*spit*spit*run to the sink*gag*}I tried to make myself throw up but it just wouldn't happen! I envisioned dead ants floating around in my belly....and still couldn't throw up so I rinsed my mouth with some Listerine and brushed my teeth....twice.

UGH! I ate ants!!!!!

I looked inside the box...wondering if the ants came from the factory. NOPE....there were some in the box alive! After further investigation I have had to throw out two partially eaten boxes of cereal and some crackers. I cleaned the shelves off and sprayed them with RAID, but I haven't put the food back. I know those pesky little pests are just waiting somewhere for me to restock their all-you-can-eat-buffet and I am not gonna do it until I know they're gonna die if they try!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Really!? Nobody else thinks this was funny!? Or are you all feeling sick after reading this?

Monty and Kristin said...

That is funny!! We get ants in our cereal all the time too. We've thrown out so many cereal boxes. Just so you know Ants don't eat cherrios!

Your reaction cracks me up. I probably would have done the same thing...of course throwing up right now isn't a problem. Sorry, but hey...it's extra protein!!:)

Tiffany Taylor said...

ok we must have related ants because when i went to eat my cereal today they were in mine too and iv only had one bowl from the box!!!

Angela said...

That is so yucky and so funny! I would have freaked out too! I woke up to ants in my kitchen yesterday, they hadn't made it to the pantry yet. I let them have it though. Thank heavens for Raid! It was great to talk to you. Your the best. I hope you are having a good week- lets hope the rest of it is ant free!:)