Sunday, January 11, 2009

Good DEALS!

Okay...so I may never get around to blogging about Christmas and New Years....but I had to share with you the great deals to got this past week! Sorry...there are no pictures to go along with it.

SO! I had mentioned to a few of you about how Kaitlyn totally grew like 2 inches over Christmas break...all her pants are "high waters"....and after the holidays...I am not in a spending mood...not to mention the fact that I just bought the girl new jeans not to long ago. So I decided to go thrift store shopping...which I love to do and they have a new thrift store here in Taylor that is clean...unlike the other the one I have gone to a few times here in Snowflake...I leave there feeling like I need to be de-loused....anyhow....so at the new thrift store I found 2 pairs of jeans in perfect condition...I paid $5 for both. Then I went to the little thrift shop they have at the Senior Center and found another pair for 50 cents! 3 pair of good fitting jeans would be a miraculous blessing if they were for me...and I was grateful to find them for Kaitlyn...but I knew she'd need a few more pair to make it through the winter so I called and enlisted my sister in Mesa who was a SUPER SHOPPER! She found three pair at a yard sell...her total spending??? 75 cents!...so that would have been enough jeans but I had gotten the deal finding bug and had already bid on a few pair (okay...4 pair) on eBay...and won them all....not the BEST deals...but I still got all 4 pair for $21.....let's do a little math here.....that makes 10 pairs of jeans (now we have a surplus)...and the cost was....$27.25...I saved over $75 by buying second hand!

My other great deal was found at the before mentioned new thrift shop. I got a baby bassinet for my sister for $14! What I love is that this thrift store (Kidz Kloset) will give you store credit for your gently used kid items...so I got a $6 credit for the things I look in...but even at $20...the bassinet would have been a steal...it's in great condition and I was tempted for a second to tell Tiff that I bought it for myself and would loan it to her...but that was just the "green eyed monster" side of me coming out!

ANYHOW! I just had to share that...I love thrift store shopping! It's in my blood! My Grandma Barrett used to take me "junking" (aka thrift store shopping and yard selling) with her when I was a kid and I loved it...still do!

8 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

I have wondered about the Kids Kloset. I will have to go check it out now. Thanks.

*Katie May* said...

WOW that's great! I need to go junking for clothes for my kids :)

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

I love when you can find great stuff cheap! I swear by second-hand, I am always finding great clothes for the kids way cheap! Makes me feel like a great wife to save a few bucks here and there. :)

Michelle said...

Good job! Can I give you my kids sizes and let you go to work?! :)

jill s said...

awesome!!!

you know i'm a total thrifter.

i have a post saved that i'm working on about my great goodwill finds right now!

Pam said...

You are amazing!! You have three kids...yet you still find the time to find great deals...take great pictures of your kids...and do a blog!! Wow!! Thanks for the info on the deals!

Shannon said...

Wow those are great deals. Sydney spilled water all over her jeans while we were at the mall, but I didnt' want to spend a lot of money on a new pair. So I bought a pair at DI for four dollars, which I thought was kinda a high price for second hand clothes. I need to be a better bargain shopper.

Marci said...

I love that I'm not the only thrifty mom!!! We do all our clothes shopping second hand, even for Erik and I. The only time the girls or us get brand new clothes is when they are gifts or there are really killer deals and clearance sales.