Monday, December 5, 2011

Here are a few pictures of our "Hebegeebe Baby" (that's what we've been calling him!)
I took this on the day that he started to look better....when the bumps started to flatten.





He is looking even better now. He scabbed over and most of the scabs have come off. He was up half the night Saturday night scratching his poor little arms and legs. But it is red under the scabs. We'll wait and see how long it takes for his skin to clear up completely. Also, his big toes are still pretty swollen. It looks like he might lose those toe nails.

Connor's personality has improved as he has started to feel better (less crying and more smiles and teasing). This boy loves to tease!

Kaitlyn summed it up pretty well the other night when we were going around the family and each telling one thing we are grateful for about one of our siblings. She said that she is "Grateful that Connor is so cute and fun." She couldn't wait for him to get better so she could snuggle him and kiss his checks again. :)

SO! I guess this was Connors freakish viral break out that all our kids have gotten around 18-24 months of age. I was thinking he'd get something like Weston did...or have cold sores all over his lips and tongue and throat like the girls did....but he decided to have his own version. Luckily, these things typically just run their course and if they do have a reaccurrence, it is much more mild.

7 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

Oh MY GOODNESS!! Jennifer, that is crazy! I found it interesting that it was only on his arms, legs and face and not his body. You know? That looks miserable!! You handled it so well. I'm glad he is getting better. You guys are in my prayers. OH MY GOODNESS!! That's crazy!!

Jill Scripps said...

holy cow!!! that is crazy! i'm glad he's getting better!!

Angela said...

Oh that does look so painful! I am so glad he is getting better. I wish we could have talked today. Hopefully soon!

Lainie said...

Holy cow ive had that happen before. It turned out to be a really bad case of strep which still shocks me. Everyone thought i had bad chicken pox (still never have!) since the itching was unbareable. Just few weeks ago,my legs and arms started breaking out in big bumps, scabbing and then leaving weird pigment spots all over ...i tell ya, i absolutely hate my skin all over.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness poor baby. Actually, Christian had something very similar when he was a baby and turned out it was bad eczema. Hope he's better real soon!!!

*Katie May* said...

That poor little guy! I am sure your happy he's feeling better because that would be miserable!

Jennifer said...

Ah!!!!!!!!! child !!!!!!!! go to a doctor son !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!