Wednesday, October 12, 2011

"Don't Should On Yourself!"

That is something I heard the other day.

I like it.

What does it mean?

Stop saying or thinking things like:

"I should talk nicer to my kids"

"I should waste less time"

"I should read the scriptures more"

"I should do my hair like hers"

"I should get out more"

"I shouldn't be so hard on myself"

....(you get the point)...

Stop "shoulding!"

How????

Decide what is important to you and DO IT. If it isn't important to you. Leave it alone and let it go.

It's your choice.

That's my goal.

To stop "shoulding" and start being the person I want to be.

2 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

AMEN!! I shoulda read this a long time ago!!;) That is such a great point. I love your visiting teacher. She seems amazing. If we lived closer I would take some of her food from you!!;) Enjoy.

Stephanie said...

I needed this- I'm feeling the need to read my scriptures and not wast time should lately. Thanks for the reminder... even though I still need to study my scriptures :)