Monday, October 17, 2011

CA Road Trip (part1)...(not in order)

Brandon and I took a road trip last month! We flew to Long Beach...hung out in that area for a few days. Visited my Grandparents, Brandon's sister Kayla and her cute family, my Aunt Bev+cousin Andrew and my brother Eric and his family! It was good to get to visit...and it was good to hit the road! We headed first to Santa Maria! We went to church with my cousin Steph and her family. Her hubby made us the best pesto-y sandwiches! And I got to snuggle and squish their little princess Presley! Than we headed out again!
We ended up driving from L.A. to San Fransisco. We cut the drive up and enjoyed each little stop with it's shops, food and people. Cambria was my favorite! I think I could retire there! We stayed at an Inn across the street from the ocean. We kept the window open to hear the waves. 
Here are a few picture collages of our trip. There are lots more pictures....but it's taken me over a month to get around to doing this post...so we will see how much longer it will take for me to finish it up!
All in all....we had a great time! I love the central CA coast. I grew up in So. Cal...but hadn't been up that part of the coast in 20 years! We stuck to the PCH most of the way...up until Monterry...than we took the freeways into San Fransisco. It was very dry up there...the grass was dead...but it was still beautiful scenery!

                                                                   Pismo Beach

                                            Cambria at Sunset (across the street from the Inn)
                                   We ate our breakfast out by the ocean the next day.
                                                   A million little squirrels joined us!

 We only spend one day in down town San fran.
It would have been nice to have more time.
But we had fun running around on the city bus.
We made it to the Golden Gate Bridge...
...it was covered in fog...
but we walked out on it just so we could say we'd done that!
Taking the BART was fun too!

Oh! And I have to say...GPS's are awesome! We don't have one of our own...but we rented one with the car we rented. We named it "Mrs. Garmin". We would have been seriously lost without her!

3 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

Looks like so much fun. I'm so glad you guys got to take a trip together. So, did you get a new ring. I can't figure out how to see the pictures close up, but looks like you did. San Fran looks like it was cold, but it usually is. Love the pictures. So fun.

Monty and Kristin said...

So, I just figured out how to see the pictures bigger. Nice souvenir!! Still looks cold!!:)

Michelle said...

Ok, so I feellike a bif loser!!!! I didn't even know you were back online. I didn't get any updates until today!! :( I miss you!!! Looks like a great trip. I love that trip actually and those places!!! Did you know that I wanted to name my first borm Cambria? After that city also! But he was a Christian. ;) And them my good frineds I met later had a Cambria...that's ok, she could be a future daughter-in-law! Love you!!!