For you mom's out there...
I discovered this at Wal-Mart. Not like they don't sell it other places...but anyways. It was like $5....but I think worth it. It's great for kids because unlike other saline (salt water) nasal sprays, they don't have to inhale....it just sprays right up there! My kids don't really mind it too much. The first couple times, they pulled back and almost got shot in the eye...but now I have them turn around and lean against me...and they can't pull back. Oh...and make sure keep a tissue handy for when the yuckies start running down! I was glad to remember about saline sprays because it is a great way to clear out the nasal passage and doing that will help make it so that viral things can't grow in there. My girls have also been gargleing with salt water every night...because I have heard that clearing out your throat at least once a day will help keep the viruses away too. Who knows...my kids will most likely still get sick this flu season....but I feel like I am doing something to help prevent it. OH....and with the salt water....make sure to stress the fact that they are to spit it out after wards! Addie swallowed the first time! (yuck)(Totally unrelated... but Weston is here in the office sitting on a track of the eliptical machine saying, "This is the BEST wild horse EVER! LOL!)
*Oh and P.S.!*... The bottle of Simply Saline says to not use it on more than one person....but I just get a cotton ball with alcohol on it and clean it off between kids. Hopefully that makes it okay to share. The saline only comes out...it doesn't suck back in...so I think it's fine to share if you clean it. (I hope.)










2 comments:
I need to do more preventive things like that
Thanks for the tip!!:) My kids may not feel the same...they just don't know they'll be thankful too when they aren't sick!!
Post a Comment