As a mom of little kiddos....you see and hear LOTS of things that you want to write down and remember forever....sweet things, funny things....things that'll embarrass them when they are older....
So, here are a few things that I have been wanting to write down...for the above reasons.
Let's start with little Miss Addie Girl. We got home from church yesterday and I was changing out of my church clothes when she came in to hve my unbutton her dress. Then she rushed into my bathroom because she had to "go". A second later I heard her exclaim, "Dang poop!" I asked her what she had said and she eplained, "I am calling this a "dang poop" because it wont come out!" Okay...that was gross....but I had to share it!
A few days ago, I was sitting next to Weston and he asked, "I hold your elbow?" I said, "Sure". And he put his hand on my elbow and held it. Then he said, "I kiss your elbow?"...and I said, "Sure"...and he did. Then he asked, "I hug your elbow?"...I said, "sure"...and he did. Try having someone hug your elbow...it's not very natural. This morning he did the same thing with my shoulder.
Last Thursday and Friday, Kaitlyn had a half day at school. After she reported to me that on Thursday they watched Charlotte's Web, had recess and did a math worksheet...I decided that if she wanted to, I'd let her stay home from school on Friday. SO....Friday morning came around and 15 minutes before it was time to get up and get ready for school, Kaitlyn came and got into bed with me and was pretty much asleep...and I was pretty much asleep....so I called the lady we carpool with and told her that Kaitlyn was going to stay home. Well....Kaitlyn had obviously been more awake then I thought she was because next thing I knew she was wanting to go watch TV. I told her she had to try to sleep in....for crying out loud...that was the whole point of her not going to school! She laid there and then said, "I feel kind of bad about not going to school". Not what a mom wants to hear when she's feeling like a lazy bum for wanting to sleep in instead of getting her girl off to school. Still, I thought it was very sweet that she'd be concerned about missing school. But really....if all she's gonna do on a half day is watch TV...then she might as well stay home.
Well, I guess that's all for now. Kaitlyn has today and tomorrow off school for Fall Break and we have absolutely nothing fun planned.
Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
Funny stories. I love kids and what they say. Good for you for letting Kaitlyn stay home. WHy should the school get paid to let kids watch TV. I would have done the same thing. I love the elbow story...even the bathroom story. Better than crying! One of our boys, who will remain nameless, screams at the top of his lung when that happens to him!
so cute!!!
Sweet kids :)
Post a Comment