*This is just for my own personal record...no need to read this, unless you really want to. :)* But, if you missed a talk or want to hear one again, scroll to the bottom and click where you see the word "Conference" highlighted.
Saturday Morning Session
Robert D. Hales-Provident Living
~Establish a family budget.
~ Before buying something ask yourself, "Why am I spending money/buying something?" (Is it "for show"?)
~ Spend money helping others, not buying things for ourselves that we DON'T need.
Margaret Lifferth-Respect for others and Respect for God
~ Ask self "Am I an example of respect in my home?
~ "If reverence is rooted in love...so should be the teaching of it." (Don't get frustrated when teaching children to be reverent.)
~ "Reverence invited Revelation"-Bord K. Packer
~To have a reverent class:
1. Love those in your class
2. take time to explain what reverence is.
3. Be prepared
4. Talk to parents
5. Use resources of ward to help.
~"Often, if there is a problem with reverence in teh youth, there is a problem with reverence in the ward."
Allen Packer- Inspiration and Personal Revelation
~Asking a question, even in our minds, will open the window for personal revelation.
~Know the source from which revelation comes.
D. Todd Christofferson-
~"...We need strong Christians who can persevere against hardship...and make important things happen by their faith"
~3 Nephi 27:20
~D&C 97:8-9
~2 Corith. 12:8-10 "My strength is in my weakness."
Pres. Eyring-
~"Look at opposition as a chance to grow."
Saturday Afternoon Session
Kevin Pearson- Faith
~These are NOT a part of the gospel=opposite of faith: DOUBT>DISCOURAGEMENT>DISTRACTION>lack of DILIGENCE>DISBELIEF
~"Choose to live by faith, not fear."
Elder Pino- (His 3 year old daughter drowned while they were on a family outing.)
~"Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
~"The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed me the name of the Lord."
Richard G. Scott- Temples
~"When we keep the Temple promises...then come what may, we have no need to worry or become despondent."
~When a Temple is conveniently near by, small things come along to keep you from the Temple...DON'T let them!
~Participate in all the different ordinances of the Temple.
~While participating in Temple ordinances, contemplate your relationship with Jesus Christ and His with the Father.
~Remove your watch when you enter the house of the Lord.
~Pray that the person you are proxy for will know how important these ordinances are and will be worthy to accept them.
~Don't ask "why" but "what can I learn from this expierence".
~
Sunday Morning Session
Pres. Uchdorft-
~"Disipleship is not a spectator sport."
~ "The atonement of Jesus Christ had the power to make us whole, when we repent."
~"It is ALWAYS right and the RIGHT time to walk in His ways. It is never too late."
Neil L. Andersen- (1st talk as a member of the 12)
~"The Lord will shape the back to fit the burden placed upon it." -Pres. Monson
Steven E. Snow-
~"Change is an essentail part of life's experiences."
~ "Life is a time to see if we will do ALL the things which the Lorn our God has commaned us."
Jeffery R. Holland- Messahe to those who are alone, who feel alone or abandoned (we've all been one of these at some point.)
~The supreme sacrifice of His son could only be complete by the Father withdrawing His spirit from His son. He had to feel what it was like to die not only physically, but spiritually.
~Maybe we need to feel alone sometimes so that we can more fully appreciate teh Atonement.
Pres. Monson- Focus on our blessings as members of The Church
Sunday Afternoon Session
Dallin H. Oaks-
~Matt 16:24-25
~Thought by Pres. Hinckley...We should not ask ourselves "How many positions did I hold?" but "How many people did I help?"
~Be willing to surrender personal priorities to care doe and rear children.
David A. Bednar-
~"You are never lost if you can see teh Temple."
?- "No matter how it is discribed, getting soemthing for nothing is contrary to the Law of the Harvest."
I loved Conference! This is the first time (in a LONG time) that I have had a note book out, ready to write down things. It really helped me to stay focused (aka, AWAKE!) and to look for answers to questions I have had. I hope that the things I learned and the Spirit I felt will stay with me until next Conference when I can get a "refill"! I know that I can keep focused and keep my priorities straight if I am more diligent in my Temple attendance and personal scripture study.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
Wow, you so totally rock!! I love your notes! I feel like I just saw conference all over! Thanks for taking notes. I'm going to do that next time!! Great idea!!
thanks for posting your notes! i've been anxiously awaiting Thurs. when they will be posted on the lds.org site... and well, your notes fixed my anxiousness!
Post a Comment