Friday, April 17, 2009

kid stuff + a little bit of this and that

Don't you just LOVE those times when you look at your kids and instead of thinking, "It's a good thing you're cute"...you think, "Man! I love that kid!" My kids seem to be growing up at warp speed! Yesterday we were driving home from picking Kaitlyn up from school and Addie out of no where said, "Derek (a little boy in her Sun Beam class) is my friend." Kaitlyn started teasing her by saying, "Addie has a boy friend, Addie has a boy friend!" I am just in the front seat laughing and then Addie yells, "HE IS NOT MY BOYFRIEND!!!! (then coyly added)...but he is handsome". All I could think was, "ALREADY!?" She's not even 3 1/2 yet! Too funny! Oh, another "Addie moment". Yesterday Jewel and Jack came and visited us (so fun!) and my kids got a little refresher course in things like baby poop and breast feeding! So last night while I was reading Addie her bedtime story, she breast fed her baby Sally. She said to me, "She's sucking on my belly." Then she proceeded to tell me that baby Sally's birthday is the same as hers and that baby Sally is going to turn 4. "Really? And she's still breast fed?" Addie is one dedicated momma!

You know...as much as Addie keeps me on my toes, she keeps me smiling too. You gotta take the "bitter with the sweet" right?

Kaitlyn is doing good too. She is reading very well and taking A.R. (accelerated reader) tests at school. She still loves school but the other day she asked me, "Why does the bus have to come so early?" I wonder the same thing myself. I would be just fine if school started at 10 a..m.! We are counting down the days until summer vacation! She's such a good helper to me and as often as I wonder if she has a hearing problem because she NEVER can answer or respond the first time we tell her to do something...she is also becoming more responsible. She is in tap/ballet and she really isn't loving it. She's that way whenever she's involved in a class or a team...she doesn't want to go but then when it's over she talks about how fun it was!

Weston is learning to communicate! The other day he brought me his empty sippy cup and was pointing to the fridge. I asked him what he wanted and he said, "milk" (pronounces it "mowk") then I opened the fridge and he saw the juice and said, "juice juice!" It's so nice that he's learning to tell us what he wants! He also is learning to pray. He can't pronounce all the words we tell him to say but at the end he always gives a resounding "AMEN!" (pronounces it "May-men"). He has also discovered a new friend...Elmo! He LOVES to watch Elmo's World. It's very cute to hear him say, "Melmo! Melmo!". Last month we were in Mesa shopping at Costco and they had Sesame Street outfits his size. I wasn't going to buy one because they cost more than I like to spend on clothing...but he saw it and took the shirt and said, "Melmo" and kissed and hugged it...I just couldn't make him put it back after that!

Oh...another piece of news! My sister Tiffany had her baby last night. They started inducing her Wednesday evening. By last night she was only dilated 4 cm...and it didn't look like things were going to change anytime soon, so she had a c-section. Daniel Ryan Taylor was born 4 weeks early but still weighs 5 lbs. 6 oz and was something like 18 1/2 inches long. Tiny...but still a good size for being early. He would have been HUGE had she gone full term!

Has this week gone by super fast for anyone else but me!? Monday was a super crazy, wanna pull my hair out, why can't my kids listen?, what is wrong with them?, "stamps are not stickers so don't put them all over the walls", I just want to cry kind of a day! That night I vowed to myself that Tuesday would be better and it was! Then Wednesday I took the kids and headed out to Wal-Mart to get the van an oil change and pick up a few things. I think it was the first time in a LONG time that I have shopped with the kids and not felt like I was going to have to have therapy afterward! They did so well at not running off, hiding in racks or asking for every thing they saw. That probably wont be the new normal...but I am just grateful for the moment while it lasted! Then that day I realized why Monday was SO terrible and why I was having a hard time dealing with things....Aunt Flow showed up and I was like, "OH! I'm not crazy!?" Gotta love those monthly visits. :{

Oh! Another little accomplishment for me. I cut Weston hair by myself for the first time this morning! It usually takes two people...one to hold him still and one to operate the clippers. But my niece Jewel told me that her aunt would sit her kids in the bathroom sink while she cut their hair...so I gave it a try and it worked! Now he's sporting a cute little buzz do and clean up was a snap!

Well...I guess I should go put away the laundry that has been folded and waiting for me in my room for the past...well...I'm not willing to admit how long it's been there! :)

4 comments:

*Katie May* said...

crazy, fun times!

Michelle said...

They do grow up FAST! Addie cracks me up! So you really do nned to post some pics. I want to see your first haircut!! :) And NO, you are NOT crazy...we are all crazy at least once a month. LOL

Mindy said...

I love your posts Jennifer!!

Monty and Kristin said...

That is so funny because I always cut my babies hair in the sink! It started with Tyler...he loved playing in the water! Trey not so much, but I still do it. Anyway...LOVE your stories. I had no idea Tiff was so close to having her baby. Wow...that is pretty big for 4 weeks early. Addie cracks me up! Great job Kaitlyn with reading and I love the melmo story! I did that once with a stuffed bear!! It was the hug huh!! Love ya!!