This most often happens when the cupboards are bare and I am putting off the dreadful chore of grocery shopping. (ugh)
Such was my plight yesterday as I realized the evening was going to be a busy one and I needed to have dinner prepared in advance.
So here is my new recipe.
We named it: Mexican Cowboy Beans (because we thought that by putting the word "cowboy" in there...the boys would like it better...and there are green chilies in it...hence, the "Mexican") :)
Get out your crock pots amigos cuz you're gonna wanna try this one!
Mexican Cowboy Beans
1-2 bnls/sknls chicken breast(s)
2 cans of Northern beans
1 can of corn
1 sml can of green chilies
1 handful of dehydrated onion (or about 1/2 a cupish of chopped fresh onion...or leave the onion out...whatever you want.
Season to taste with:
cumin (don't use too much for you'll regret it...a teaspoon tops is my advice!)
garlic salt
pepper
I put all ingredients (including seasonings) into the crock pot on high for about 3 hours....then turned it to low for probably another 2-3 hrs. Basically I put it in at 1pm and we ate around 6:30pm. I don't think time matters as long as the chicken is cooked and tender. The chicken can be frozen when you put it in. Mine was. And leave the juice in with the beans, corn and chilies. Just turn the crock pot to low after the chicken is cooked so that you don't scorch the beans.
I ate mine in a bowl with cheese on top and dipped tortilla chips in it. Brandon ate his with cheese corn tortillas. Oh. We also diced up some avocado to go with it.
Pruébelo! Te gustará!









No comments:
Post a Comment