Brandon and I listened to the first Presidential Debate on the radio last night. We had to switch back and forth between 3 or 4 different stations to hear it all. We were driving home from Tucson...and there was lots of static. The kids were watching....something on the DVD player...I am not sure what.
We liked the debate. Nothing too spectacular. I feel like the differences in their opinions came through. I am interested to see how the upcoming debates go. I think there are some "hot topics" like foreign policies...and what's happened in Lybia that might make the contrast between the two candidates even greater.
The quote of the night happened at our house! After we got home, we had some news channel on... listening to what they had to say about the debate. After they had showed a clip of President Obama saying something about what happened in 2001-2003 (he never did say what he was talking about)...Adelin goes, "That's mean. Why did they dress President Obama up like a monkey for the debate?" TOTALLY innocently. We are NOT prejudice AT all and NEVER use demeaning terms about our race or others. We assured her that he wasn't dressed up, that's just what he looks like.
SO! Tell me. Who are YOU voting for? I am especially interested in what those of the "Independent" party think.
Personally, I think it is a no brainer. Keep going like we have been for the past 4 years...or try something different? My vote for Mitt Romney has nothing to do with his religion...although I agree with him on that too!










1 comment:
A monkey?! hahaha. Oh, dear. Thankfully, it was at your house and not in public ;)
I think you know I'm rootin' for Mitt, all the way! I think we've had ample opportunity to see where Obama wants to take the country, as well as a lot of time to get to know Mitt Romney - this IS his 2nd run. --
I honestly think the only way a person could be undecided in this stage of the game is because they neglected studying any issues in the past 4 years (let alone 2012). Like you said, the decision couldn't be more clear - these guys desire completely different visions for America.
Post a Comment