Monday, April 30, 2012



Okay. Blogger has switched things up in me. I guess some people just can't leave a good thing alone. :) But, change is good right? I noticed that Picasa (a photo editing program I like) changed things up a bit too and I love the new editing features.

I haven't been doing too much photography the past year or so. I have been either too busy or way too busy. I don't feel too bad...I get plenty of little snap shots here and there of the kids...and if a neice or nephew gets married or graduates from High School...I am there with camera in tow. I do feel some guilt about not doing a photo shoot of the kids since Connor was about 4 months old. I really want to get them all dressed up and take them over by the Temple. I know a good place. One where you can get the whole Temple in the background (not easy to do with our Temple.) My kids LOVE the Temple. We drive past it at least 6 times a day now and EVERY time we do, you'd think it was the very first time Connor had seen it! "Mommy! A Temple! Look mom! A Temple! MOM! Temple!" And then he asks, "Mom, drive pass Temple? See waterfall?" So. At least once a day we drive up around the Temple. We stop at the bottom waterfall and I roll down my window so that the kids can hear the water. Then we drive up to the waterfall near the entrance and stop to listen to it. We've gotten out once and walked around the Temple. But I am usually in pajama's or slippers or I don't have my hair done...so we just drive by...and talk about how shiny Angel Moroni is and how we will all go be in the Temple together someday. This happens EVERY day. I don't think I will ever get sick of it. I hope my kids don't.

6 comments:

Amy said...

So nice that you live close to the temple now! I need to come see your house next time we're up there. Last weekend we barely spent any time at my mom's house, much less visiting other family!

Angela said...

Love it! Your kids are so awesome!

Stephanie said...

That is so awesome that you guys are so close to the temple and it can be a teaching experience for you every day. You are such a wonderful mom and one day I hope to live a little closer (maybe not so close) to a temple too to steal your great tradition.

Stephanie said...

PS Happy Mothers Day and have a wonderful time in CA this month. I am doing MUCH MUCH better my energy is back and I'll be back to work in a week. Yipeee! (for feeling better, no yipee for work!)

heidi said...

that is so cute! how are our kids growing so old?!

Tanya Leigh said...

I love that! And I love how you take the time to bask in the glory of it all for a moment each day.

That new editing feature is amazing!* I love Picasa, but it always seizes up my computer :P so I haven't used it for a long while.

Jaxyn also has a tradition of shouting, "TEMPLE!" whenever we drive downtown here ... only, it's just those gorgeous, old church buildings from the turn of the century. I can't wait to revisit the Mesa temple soon! :)

*and, sorry about the super-long comment! ;)*