Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sitting at the computer makes me grouchy. My kids become attached to my lap or very needy right at the moment I sit down or start doing something on the computer. Addie just said to me, "Is being on the computer more important than your own daughter?" This doesn't get to me. I know she is being dramatic and I know that I try not to spend more than 30 minutes on the computer a day...for that reason...(my kids and housework come first.) I like it that way. It was so nice to not have the computer set up for the first 2 1/2- 3 weeks after we moved in!

BUT...I am glad it is up too. I ordered a new computer desk because the nice big home office wall unit that we bought not even a year ago is just too big for any public area in this house.

Oh! We got a renter in our old house. He his a friend of our former Bishop...who was our realtor. It was a big blessing an an obvious answer to fasting and prayer. He moved in the end of January....just a week after we moved out. That was a busy week....getting our old house ready for a renter while trying to unpack at this house. We are glad to only have to worry about one house for a while!

Everyone is doing good over here. Addie, Weston and Connor have had some cough+snot nose virus. But they all are getting over it.

Kaitlyn is doing great. She's such a good kid. We miss our old neighbors, the Lundbergs. She and Ellie have been friends since Kaitlyn was 3 and Ellie was 2. But, they see eachother at school and Ellie have come over once a week since we moved....or Kaitlyn goes there. I miss having someone to carpool with. I drive to the school 3 times a day now. It's not as bad as I make it sound. I just am realizing how blessed I was to have Natalie Lundberg as a neighbor! She took kids to school and I picked them up. This meant that I didn't have to wake up Addie, Weston and Connor...which meant that I had a few quiet moments to myself in the mornings. :)

Connor has an appointment in Flagstaff tomorrow with an Allergy Specialist. Funny thing is that over the last few days, his rashes (that we are certain are food related since he's had them since Thanksgiving) have cleared up. BUT...we're still taking him for allergy testing. Better safe than sorry.

Things are busy for me. It's hard to unpack and do all the other necessary things too. I want to start decorating!

Brandon is super busy at work. He's also been busy here at home, hanging blinds, spreading gravel, re-keying locks,....

Well...I have two little boys who are "helping" with dishes right now.....I better go before they make a big mess. ;)

4 comments:

Monty and Kristin said...

Glad you are getting Connor into the doctor. I hope they find something. His rashes are just crazy!! Good luck getting everything unpacked. Glad everyone is doing good.

Angela said...

Glad you are back! I can't wait to see pics of your new house! Hope everything goes well with Conor.

Shannon said...

Hope the Drs can figure out Connors allergies. Good luck unpacking. When you get more settled, we'll have to get together sometime.

Stephanie said...

I just TOTALLY laughed at Addie- because if Presley could talk she would say the SAME exact thing. She has to be on top of us pushing the keys when we hop on the computer- meaning we do it during naps or when she is in bed. Glad to hear you are slowly settling into your new home. Miss you lots!