Okay. So, I just found (on the kitchen counter) a paper Kaitlyn wrote for school. (She got a 90/100 on it. She probably would have gotten 100% had she chose a different topic!) What DID she write about? Branding cows. More specifically....rocky mountain oysters.You can tell from her writing that it is totally innocent..she wasn't trying to be funny but I laughed out loud.
Let me share a few parts with you...
"When I was young I branded cattle. I used to collect the cattle oysters. Some of my family would take the fur off the oysters, they would cook them and eat them! My aunt said that she would teach me to sew the oysters into a fur bag. I never did learn."........"After branding was done I got all the oysters and cow ears and put them in the cows drinking water to wash them"...."Then most of my family went to my grandmas house to eat lunch"..."In the picture I and my cousin are washing the oysters." (And there is a picture of her and Taryn washing the "oysters" with smiles of their faces.)
I thought that was hilarious...and had to share.
Oh! Something else that was gross but funny.
We were eating dinner last night and Weston asked to be excused to go use the bathroom. A little bit later he yelled from the bathroom: "MOM! My second poop did a splash like a dolphin!" I yelled back, "Did you train it to do that!?"
He wasn't too happy when he came back to the table and we were all laughing at him.
I love my kids. Even when they are gross. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
You have to keep that FOREVER!! One day she'll die that she wrote that. That is so funny!! Too funny!! Gotta love kids. Nothing is off limits at your house!:)
That is so dang funny. I agree with the above comment, you have to keep that for when she is older. LOL. I also loved Weston dolphin splash. Kids are so funny.
Oh, man. That is HILARIOUS! Wow. So sweet and innocent. I kept waiting to read something like "that was disgusting", but nope. :) I have similar memories of my grandparents' ranch and watching the branding... my cousins would cook those "oysters" by hanging them over the branding fire. Beautiful.
Post a Comment