My 5 year old is giving my one year old a bath...she just changed his "really poopy" diaper too. I should probably feel concerned for my baby's safety...but I am more concerned about what else has poo on it. :] Addie is a great helper...and just so you know... I can now here her getting Connor dressed...so hang up the phone...no need to call CPS just yet. :) Which reminds me. Kaitlyn has been begging for Brandon and I to leave her home with the kids for a half hour...I guess her friend who is younger than her has gotten to babysit her younger siblings so she thinks she should be able to also. Believe me...I look forward to that day. But really, what do you think of leaving an 8 year old (2 months away from 9) home with 3 kids? I think that has disater written all over it!
The other night Kaitlyn told us that she wants to be a perfume critic when she grows up so that she can "get paid to smell". lol! Than she said, "To breathe! I mean, I want to get paid to breathe!"
Weston's been sharing his 3 year old philosophies of life with us. His latest deep thought? "Our foots arm is our leg". Profound don't you think?
I currently have Connor on my lap. He has some sort of cold or something. His nose is being wiped every few seconds. Addie is in the baby tub on the floor next to me (clothed..and I am not even sure how she got that out of storage)...she and Weston are playing some sort of game.
I think I have bossy kids. They all want to be the boss and fight because none of them want to be bossed around...which is probably why they don't seem to listen to a thing Brandon and I say. I have to ask 50 million times and that is not good for my goal of being "slow to anger"...any pointers on that would be great...just what's worked for you...not what you think I am doing wrong. :) ha!
Alright...let me end on a positive note. (let me think of one first!)
There is no school Monday! That'll be nice. Brandon and I are going on a trip soon with no kids...that'll be nice too. :)
The End
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









2 comments:
holy moses i have some catching up to do on your blog!
i love this post jen!!
oh! and the babysitting thing...the other day i had a migraine and i told sage i was going to lay down for a little bit and she said, "so it's really like i'm babysitting emerson then, right mom?" needless to say i didn't get a nap. that's all i need is her reporting back to school that she was babysitting emerson. ha!
where are you guys headed!? Addie can come give a bath to another stinky baby at my house anytime! I'd trust her. That's awesome she'll help. I have no help here in that area. Hope Connor is feeling better. Makai has had a cold for oh...two months I think! I let him go to nursery on Sunday anyway because good heavens...if he didn't go when his nose was running he'd never go. Parenting is a learning experience...for sure. Hang in there.
Post a Comment