Monday, October 11, 2010

Weston went to the dentist today for the first time. I mean...he's been to the dentist office before...but he's never gotten to be the one who gets to sit in the fun chair that goes up and down and he's never gotten to be the one to hold "Mr. Slurpy" who sucks the spit out of his mouth. He had a blast. I didn't even stay in the room with him. I walked him back there, he kicked off his cowboy boots (turns out he wasn't wearing socks) and lounged back on the chair and watched cartoons. I could see into the room he was in from the waiting room...but the room was too small for Addie and I to be in there and not be cramped and he had no problem with me leaving. I heard the hygenist laugh a few times...which makes me wonder what he might have said to her. Jason Lyman (our dentist/1st counsler in our bishopric) told me how lucky I am to have a three year old who loves the dentist. As a matter of fact, all of my kids love the dentist. I think maybe they just like to get to go somewhere different and they get a new tooth brush and prize....so what's not to like! Adelin's been talking about it for days. You'd think we were going to Disneyland!

Oh...and no cavities. My kids must do a good job brushing. I admitt...I hate to help them brush their teeth because they....who I KNOW can open their mouths WIDE...will never open up when I try to brush their teeth...and they bite down on the tooth brush and act like it's some sort of game. So we mostly let them do it themselves. Oh...and flossing? Ha. Yeah. We don't really do that either so much...so I felt like not so bad of a mom when I found out there were no cavities!

1 comment:

Monty and Kristin said...

what a cute picture! Did you take that? I think its great your kids like the dentist! Seems like they have your teeth! No cavities...that is worth a milkshake!