Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Mi Vida Loca!

Did I get my Spanish correct?

ANYHOW.....my life really isn't crazy....but there are moments that definitely ARE!...I KNOW you other moms know what I am talking about. Do these 10 mind boggling minutes from my day sound familiar to anyone?:

Child #4 is being nursed....meanwhile Child #1 is practicing piano and needs some help. She's frustrated and after a few minutes you are too....(after all, it's hard to read the notes when you're 10 feet away hooked up to a nursing baby!) Child #2 is doing who knows what....but not bugging you right now, so you don't care. Same with Child #3.

Now....Child #4 is done eating, and has barfed on you but is asleep which is great because he's been awake for more hours than you can count....most of those in the wee morning. You have located Child #2 playing Barbies in the bathroom sink...not something you like to have happen, but you ignore it. You go to help Child #1 on the piano and long story short she ends up crying...meanwhile Child#4 has woken up from his half a second nap and is crying. On your way to check on him you walk past the bathroom and see Child#2 half naked holding wet underwear that you come to find out were used to wipe poo off the floor (who knows how it got there)....and she was rinsing them out in the sink. Child #4 is still crying and Child #1 is still at the piano....where is Child #3?

You get the mess from Child #2 cleaned up and then find Child #3 and remind him to go use the bathroom. (Child #4 is still crying).....You go to check on Child #3 in the bathroom and discover his underwear in the toilet! AHHHHHH!

Meanwhile you have a sink full of dirty dishes, 5 loads of clean laundry to fold and about twice that many loads to wash...you haven't had a shower or brushed your teeth and it's almost 1 o'clock in the afternoon.

Sound familiar? I know it does! It's what we moms do....and if we're lucky, we will learn a few things about patience and long suffering and enduring to the end and unconditional love and anger management and all that other good stuff along the way! Right?

8 comments:

Russel and Marcie Sipes said...

I LOVE reading about your days. IT sounds SOOO familiar. I love being a mom but sometimes wish things were a LITTLE less crazy. Take care and hang in there. Call me if you need a break child #1 and child #2 would have LOTS of fun at our house!! HECK child #3 would too. Send them all over. FOR REAL!!! I think you have my number.

Melis said...

Oh man, does that sound familiar! I think my saving grace is my 10 year old! She makes all the difference. I was sick yesterday and today and she took the baby until it was time for him to eat! Changing diapers and everything! Hang in there, it does get better before it gets worse :)

Bushman's said...

THIS IS MY LIFE!!! I've decided, crying and piano practise goes hand in hand at my house

Monty and Kristin said...

OH Jennifer! I'm so sorry! You forgot to add the part that you go to your cupboard and sneak some chocolate and then cry because your jeans don't fit. Okay, it just reminded me of that book you sent me;). One day our homes will be differnt and we'll look back and wonder how we survived and just be glad we did. Love ya.

*Katie May* said...

Sounds EXACTLY like my house :) Keep strong!

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

Makes me think I have life easy...with my kids being 9, 7, 5 and 3. But I do remember those days where I didn't think I was gonna make it to the time Clayton walked in the door from work without going completely crazy!! Hang in there! At least child # 2 was trying to help you out by cleaning up the mess he made!! :)

Shannon said...

oh my goodness! you poor thing. Yes, we mothers do have out crazy pull your hair out moments like yours.

Michelle Johnston said...

Oh boy do I understand the joys! We'll have to comisurate when we come in July and let our boys meet each other. Good luck taking life a day at a time.