Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I think it's about time I try to do a little update here.

 It's been about 3 1/2 months since I have gotten out of town...and you all know how stir crazy I get. I haven't really left the house much either. It's either time to feed Connor or the other kids or something or I don't have anything clean to wear that fits. :[ BUT...all in all....things are good. We're all healthy and plugging right along!

Here's a little taste of what's been going on:

~visits to the dr.
~kids playing outside
~kids climbing the trees...(they use the branches of our apple tree as "monkey bars" and they literally swing from limb to limb.)
~laundry, laundry and more laundry
~kids playing in the kiddie pool
~Brandon tending the garden (the corn is almost taller than Adelin now...and we have about 20 giant sunflowers that I can't wait to see in bloom!...there's other things in the garden too...besides corn and sunflowers...and weeds!)
~Connor is growing....he's getting fat and bald!
~dishes, dishes, dishes
~Brandon had a birthday on the 21st (the day after Father's Day)....he's now 33 years young!
~Adelin now rides a two wheeler bike
~Kaitlyn got 6 stitches in her chin a week ago from a fall she took on her bike
~Weston can finally peddle his tricycle
~Connor smiles and it is SO cute! He even giggled in his sleep while I was holding him the other night.
~I made 23 cutely covered Book of Mormons for the Young Women in my ward (they were given to them at girls camp)
~Brandon's been playing soft ball with the ward

....Weston said something funny to me that I have to share so that I can remember it later!
I was making pancakes and he opened the drawer and told me "I'll get the big getter-out for you." And he pulled out the spatula! (I wasn't sure if I had heard him right so I held up the spatula and asked him what it was and he said "a getter -out")....reminds me of something from a Jeff Foxworthy joke. :)

I am meeting a friend (Shannon who I haven't seen in years!) at the Show Low pool today. I am lucky to have wonderfully amazing teenage nieces who are willing to come help  me with the kids.

Oh...one more cute thing the kids said. Addie said that she can see Weston's imaginary friends. :}

That's all for now!

3 comments:

Melis said...

Who ever said summer is a vacation?

Monty and Kristin said...

You know, when you make lists it becomes evident that you are super busy! It just makes me tired to read through it let alone live it. I didn't know you had a garden with sunflower and corn! I have to tell you. We've been bbq'in corn and let me tell you...it's the best way to make corn!

I the the 'a getter-out' story. Too cute!

jill s said...

yay! i'm glad you updated! i check often. :)

i need to update my own blog!
it's pathetic! ha!

and i agree...listing things out makes me realize just how much i did do!