I have so many neices and nephews on the Flake side that it's easy to lose count....but my 2nd nephew on my side of the family was born this past Tuesday! I haven't seen him yet....not even in picture....but...from what I hear, little Cooper Christopher Barrett is a cutie! I talked to Eric right after he was born and he was maybe in a state of shock or something. He didn't say much! But he called me yesterday (which tells you just how excited he is) and talked to me about little Cooper for a few minutes. Kim had a c-section...Eric says she's doing pretty good...which I hope is the case! It's so funny to think that my little brother (who I remember my mom going into labor with) is now a daddy! I know he will be a great dad! Talking to him yesterday brought back memories of when we had our first baby. You think you know what you're getting into....but nothing can prepare you for not only the task of taking care of another person who relies soley on you...but for the instant love you feel and the instict you have to protect your child from anything that could possible hurt them. Those are some of the strongest feelings I think a person can have!
I can't wait to meet Cooper and hopefully I'll be able to snap a few pictures of him when I do!
P.S. I'll be posting about more babies soon. I have another nephew scheduled to be born on the 18th and my best friend Kristin is due any second too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









3 comments:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=30591267&id=1195791543 thatd be a link to a picture of him Eric took and sent around though cell phone. :) SO many babies ...
SO sweet! I like his name! It fits! Cooper! You are so right...you're not prepared for that instant feeling of love you feel as a parent. I love it. Stronger than any feeling you've ever felt. Contrats to Eric. Look forward to see a picture!
Congrats Auntie!! I like his name too :)
Post a Comment