Thursday, December 10, 2009

I have dinner in the oven (chicken pot pie)...a salad in the fridge...kids playing nicely (not trying to brag)...my dishes are done and the little bit of laundry I have to fold can wait while I do a little blogging update! (didn't mean to ryhme there!)

So...other things have gone on other than Weston's herpetic finger...although worrying about that has been somewhat comsuming. I took him in to have it looked at again on Monday, just to make sure it was healing and that I am taking care of it correctly. My kids were Awful (notice the capital "A"?). I could barely talk to the doctor and I am pretty sure he's wondering why on earth I am having another baby when I can't keep the 3 I have under control...well at least never in his presence and not too often otherwise. Weston was turning the lights off and on, Adelin and Kaitlyn kept pulling the stur-ups in and out of the examination table LOUDLY...and then they went and hid in the corner behind it. Needless to say, all three of them had a time out when we got home. I sat them each in a differnt spot of the kitchen and stood there and watched them to make sure they didn't budge...and when they did...the timer started over. Then they got to hear me talk about how much it costs to go visit the doctor and how it's a waste of my money when they misbehave while we are there. (lucky kids huh?) It was one of those moments...you know the kind...but they're being good right now...and really...I have forgiven them!

At the beganning of this week, I looked at my calendar and this week was pretty much blank. It's amazing how when I look at it today...all the days are filled in with things...well, tomorrow isn't....yet. Monday I went to the above mentioned doctors appointment. Before that I had gone to ED's to get a few things and you all know how I feel about shopping with kiddos! Then Brandon and I (I think I helped...although I can't really remember) whipped up a delicious and not so nutritous dinner of chili dogs (there was a side of veggies)...then we went over to my mother in laws house and made popcorn balls! I guess this is becoming sort of a tradition since I have convinced Mary Louise to make popcorn balls with me two years in a row now! It's my favorite recipe...one her mom used to make. We grown ups did the cooking part and the kids made them into balls...with me reforming them. It was fun! Oh...and it even snowed a little that day. Then in the middle of the night these howling winds picked up. I was really hoping it would result in a "late start" for our schools at least...but nope...even with icy roads...school was on schedule! (darnit) Tuesday turned into another busy day somehow...we went and looked at a few houses then had tithing settlement. (oh...I found out that Bishop Bailey and I are relatives through a great+ grandfather Andrew Hunter Scott...who happened to be the next door neighbor of one of my mother in laws relatives!) Yesterday was busy too...I did tons of laundry and went to Mutual.

I guess it's all the regular things you do that aren't written down on the calendar that fill the days up. The cleaning, cooking, dishes, laundry, spills, crying, bathing, driving to and fro, drying tears, etc, etc, ...and I am glad for it...most days!

Kaitlyn and I are VERY ready for Chirstmas break. We both can't wait to sleep in. (only 5 more days of school to go!) She has been busy at school rehearsing for the first grade Christmas Program. She has her part memorized...and I am excited to get to see her perform next week.

Adelin thinks it's still summer. She's spent most of the last two weeks in her swim suit. She even wore it under her clothes to the doctors office. (I didn't find out about that until she had to use the restroom there) She's also loving Christmas music and has me turn it on so that she can dance to it...in her swim suit with her "high heel" church shoes on.

Weston is doing good. His finger doesn't bother him unless the bandage is off. It's hard to get him to go without it at night so that it can get some air. He usually asks for me to bandage it back up. Oh and he's been so cute lately too. The other night, I was saying prayers with him. He wanted to do it himself. His prayer went something like this, "Heavenly Father, taint-to for the day, taint-to for horses, taint-to for prophets, taint-to for cows...." It was so cute, felt bad that Brandon missed it. The other day we were sitting on the couch, sharing a blanket, and he looked under the blanket, touched my belly and said, "your big belly is huge". I told him, "Real men lie and tell girls they are skinny no matter what." Then he said, " Oh...you skinny and beautiful." (gotta train 'em while they're young!)

Well...I think I have used up my blogging time! Hope you're all keeping warm! (it's COLD here!)

(Here are some pictures of me, Addie and Weston enjoying our popcorn balls!)





don't be jealous

6 comments:

Stacey Mowers and Family said...

We made popcorn ball just yesterday..I have never done it before and my kids didn't even know what they were...how sad is that?

Sorry about your doctors office mess, I have learned my lesson to NEVER take any extra kids with me. Only the kid in need of the doctor..way too many bad expirences.

Monty and Kristin said...

What a great post. I love Weston's prayer...good for him!! Trey can't pray on his own yet...his would probably be 'taint-to for candy'. Oh, and I love Addie and her swim suit. So funny! can't wait to hear your the play goes. Love this post.

Michelle said...

Love the update, Iknow I will get one for you soon. :) Your kids are so sweet and fun! Yep, you got to train them early for sure!! LOL Love ya girl!

Lainie said...

Your little brother had his baby!

Amy said...

Holy cow, I didn't know about Weston's finger until now...I guess I've gotta remember to check your blog more often! I'm glad it's finally doing better!

Skye said...

Yummy! I would love your popcorn ball recipe (unless it's a family secret of course ;D)